Splines are two dimensional functions that can be very helpful for your home automation with Homey. Basically you can assign Y values (i.e. brightness, volume,…) to an given X value (i.e. time). The spline will then interpolate between these nodes. This app provides an UI that allows you to easily create/edit splines and it’s visual representation and provides some flow cards that you can use in your automations to make use of these splines.
- Go to the app configuration and click on ‘create’. Give the spline a name and setup it’s boundaries. Bellow you see a visual representation of the spline and you can also add/remove and modify the nodes. Bellow you find the exact values of the nodes.
- If you would like to control the brightness of your lights trough the day you would setup multiple nodes like that: [0,50], [8,50], [9,100], [17,100] [18,50], [24,50] -> this would translate to ‘until 8:00 set a brightness of 50%, until 9:00 gradually fade to 100%’ and so on.
- Create a trigger flow card ‘Query a spline’ or ‘Query a spline (time based)’ and select the desired spline
- Create a second flow that used the ‘Query completed’ trigger card which contains the calculated position on the spline to set the brightness of your lights for example
- automatically apply the brightness or color temperature of your lights during the day
- fade in/out the volume of your speakers or the brightness of your lights with a custom pattern, i.e. start slowly and accelerate at the end