App store reports "An app is already being installed on Homey. Try again"

Well you’re both right and your not. Since it’s impossible to say this is actually the issue. It seems like it for now. And besides that if all wifi devices in my house work like a charm and one device is not, you don’t really assume it’s your network. Also if that one device is new and has now indicator of it’s own wifi connection (even though it’s the most important part of the device), I assume it’s the new device. And since it’s a new and pretty expensive device my expectations are pretty high.

That said, I will not make any apology. Though I am thankful for the response of the Athom employees.

Doesn’t explain why you, me and @KonradWalsh had the same problem at the same time, though.

2 Likes

Love u2

1 Like

Of course everybody has a right for a day of. You just don’t look at the whole picture here. I think when a company makes a product that is totally or partially dependent on a service which our out of the customers hands (i.e. a server) the company should have a sort of obligation to always have an employee standby (on duty) to solve issues if there are some. Or at least communicate about it. In that case all other employees can safely enjoy their day off. Compare it to Google not having any employees on duty when Gmail servers are going down… The whole world would be complaining (maybe even you).

1 Like

Well maybe they have (actually i know they have) but what if this wasn’t server related at all, but just a bug in the app store’s code that slipt in, and that guy on duty doesn’t know everything about the app store code.

And also maybe Athom doesn’t have the man power like Google does to fix these kind of issues immediately, which is 1000x bigger (if not more) then Athom.

They offer these services for free, there are no adds on the app store anywhere, neither for you to use their cloud service they offer, also for free.

That’s why we paid the big bucks for the hardware: service included.

1 Like

This will be my last reply here, because I don’t think it has anything to do with the topic at hand and also is always going to be a difference in opinions.

I know Google is bigger. And I know they probably don’t have the resources to do it like them. But none the less it is possible to at least communicate about some sort of acknowledgement about the issue and the priority it is going to get as soon as there is an employee available (the day after in this case). Most customers of companies get frustrated if there is no reply whatsoever. But for 90% of the people just an acknowledgement is enough to keep them from getting irritated.

Also something to keep in mind is that I bought a Homey (spend 399 euro’s) and only got a plastic football in return, till the moment my problem was solved. Which was probably something in my own network but is until now not sure and also never came to light on other devices and the Homey’s only response in my network was that it worked fine. I could do everything with it from my phone and my laptop except install apps.

And to get everybody to stop wining about this, here it is:
@Emile, @Bram, @MatthewWaanders, @Stefan, @Kars, @JeroenVollenbrock, @Boaz I’m sorry!

@ any moderator, will you please close this topic? Thank you in advance!

1 Like

You seem to be confusing free social media platforms with a home automation platform that cost €300.

1 Like

You still don’t seem to be grasping the premise of home automation, and that it should Just Work.

2 Likes

To summarise the situation,

Original post complained about an issue loudly and repeatedly, and the fact that customer support were not available on a public holiday was outrageous.

Turns out not only did he receive help from support but also the Co-founder - and the issue was in fact on his end.

After tagging everyone he could find, on said holiday he has now asked for the thread to be closed.

I am obliging that request.

1 Like