Charge your Tesla with lowest utility prices!
When the Tesla is plugged in the charger and home, this app can handle the charging.
- Add the Tesla device
- Add a flow to adjust the ‘Charge start’, ‘Charge end’ and ‘Max. charge hours in period’, or update directly in ‘Advanced settings’.
- For Nordic and Baltic countries: go to ‘Advanced settings’ and set the ‘Utility price settings’: ‘Price area’, and ‘Currency’.
- Charging started (token: battery (%))
- Charging stopped (tokens: battery (%), meter_power (kWh), complete (boolean))
- The vehicle state changed (token: vehicle_state)
- Charge plan created (token: charge_plan)
- Homelink nearby (tokens: latitude, longitude)
- Shift state changed (token: shift_state)
- Vehicle left home (token: distance_from_home)
- Vehicle came home (token: distance_from_home)
- Vehicle left location (tokens: name, latitude, longitude)
- Vehicle entered location (tokens: name, latitude, longitude)
- Vehicle started moving (tokens: latitude, longitude)
- Vehicle stopped moving (tokens: latitude, longitude)
- Software update is available (token: version)
- Is plugged in
- Is charge port open
- Is charging
- Is Homelink nearby
- Is locked
- Is Sentry Mode on
- Is aircondition on
- Is home
- Is moving
- Is shift state (P, D, R, N)
- Is at location (Location)
- Is software update available
- Is user present
- Set charge mode (Off, Automatic, Manual, Charge now)
- Set period for charging (Start charging, Stop charging, Max. charge hours in period)
- Set ‘Data fetch interval’ (Data fetch interval)
- Set ‘Data fetch enabled’ (Data fetch enabled)
- Charge port door (Close, Open)
- Charging (Off, On)
- Set charge limit mode (Standard, Max range)
- Set charge limit % (limit)
- Aircondition (Off, On)
- Aircondition temperature (temperature)
- Seat heating
- Steering wheel heating
- Lock / unlock doors (Lock, Unlock)
- Actuate trunk (Front, Rear)
- Set Sentry Mode (Off, On)
- Reset power meter
- Add current location to geofence (Name)
- Add location to geofence (Name, Longitude, Latitude)
- Delete location from geofence (Location)
- Navigate to (Address, Google Maps url)
- Activate Homelink device
- Activate speed limit
- Deactivate speed limit
- Clear speed limit pin
- Schedule software update
- Cancel software update
- Honk horn
- Flash light
- Charge mode (off, automatic, manual_std, charge_now)
- Charging state (Disconnected, Stopped, Charging, Complete)
- Charging rate (km/h)
- Battery range (km)
- Measure battery (%)
- Battery ideal range (km)
- Planned charge (km)
- Time to full charge (h)
- Charge limit (%)
- Measure power (W)
- Meter power (kWh)
- Measure temperature (inside C)
- Measure temperature (outside C)
- Speed (km/h)
- Shift state (P, D, R, N)
- Odometer (km)
- Locked (true/false)
- Vehicle state (online, asleep)
- Location (address)
- Distance from home (m)
- Longitude (lon)
- Latitude (lat)
- Software version
Will not handle any charging, but charging can be controlled by flows.
Mode: Charge now
Will start charging instantly. After the charging is complete, or the charger is unplugged, the mode will switch automatically to ‘Off’.
Will handle charging in the ‘charge period’, but does not require utility prices.
Will handle charging in the ‘charge period’, and will charge when utility prices are low. To charge when the prices are low, just a few of all the hours in the period must be used for charging. So to get the lowest prices, it is better to charge the car every night.
Details about triggers (when):
Charging started / stopped
Will trigger when the app sees that charging has started or stopped, and not just charging started or stopped by this app.
The vehicle state changed
Trigged when the app sees that the vehicle state (Online, Offline, Asleep) has changed.
Charge plan created (automatic mode)
For ‘Automatic’ mode, the ‘Charge plan created’ will trigger when a new charge plan is created. The charge plan is created when the app sees that the vehicle is home, the charger is plugged in, and utility prices for today and tomorrow have been fetched.
The charge plan is available as a token, with information about ‘km to be charged’, ‘sum charge hours’, ‘cost reduction in percentage’ and ‘hours for charging with prices’.
The cost reduction is calculated as the difference between ‘Automatic’ and ‘Manual’ modes in percentage, i.e. how much you save by using the automatic mode compared to manual mode. NB! Fees and grid costs are not taken into consideration here. Just the utility price.
Details about actions (then):
Add current location to geofence
The current location of the Tesla will be added to a list of locations.
The ‘Vehicle entered location’ and ‘Vehicle left location’ triggers can be used to trigger when the car enters and leaves the location.
The ‘Is at location’ condition can be used to check if a specific location is close to the current location.
A maximum of 20 locations can be added.
Navigate to (Address, Google Maps url)
To start navigation, both an address and a Google Maps URL must be provided.
Address: Rigtersbleek-Zandvoort 10, 7521 BE Enschede, Nederland
Google Maps URL: https://goo.gl/maps/dKVsJZQrgpVNGTQr6
Details about Advanced settings:
Charge start and end
The period of the day for charging.
Charge hours per period (automatic mode)
To get the lowest prices, it is better to charge often, with a low number of charge hours per day.
- Set the charge period to 22:00 in the evening, to 06:30 in the morning, for a maximum of 8.5 hours during the night.
- Charge 5 of the 8.5 hours when the prices are lowest, so set the ‘Charge hours per period’ to 5.
Charge rate (km/h) (automatic mode)
The charge rate is used for calculating the necessary hours for charging, and is updated once each day.
Price area (automatic mode)
Price area for utility prices. Nordic and Baltic countries are supported.
Currency (automatic mode)
Currency for utility prices.
Data fetch interval (minutes)
Fetching data will wake up the vehicle, and it will stay awake for 10 minutes before going to sleep again. So a low fetch interval will lead to higher battery loss, i.e. vampire drain.
The default value for the fetch interval is 60 minutes, so the vehicle will be awake 10 minutes and asleep 50 minutes every hour.
When the vehicle is charging or driving, the state of the vehicle is checked every minute.
The value of the fetch interval will affect the latency of the triggers that respond to the state of the vehicle.
Data fetch enabled
Uncheck ‘Data fetch enabled’ to disable fetching data, ref. ‘Data fetch interval’.
Radius in meters for checking if home or at a location.
Minimum refresh interval when streaming
To avoid a too high load on the Homey when streaming, there is a minimum refresh interval. The default is 10 seconds.
Details about Maintenance Actions:
To repair go to device settings → Maintenance Actions, and click the Repair - button.
Use at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for any damages caused by using this app.
- Added support for Homelink
- Added support for ideal battery range
- Improved error handling
- Fix authentication
- Updated README
- Fixed issue with repairing
- Fixed issue with the ‘Delete location from geofence’ action
- Fixed issue with repairing
- Fix issue with CHARGING_STATE_DISCONNECTED not defined
- Fix authentication
- Will track changes as the car wakes up
- Fix authentication
- Handle commands to the Tesla in sequence
- Fixed ‘Vehicle left home’ and ‘Vehicle came home’ triggers
- Added ‘Is user present’ condition
- Added trigger for changes to shift state.
- Added condition for checking shift state.
- Added setting and action to disable data fetching.
- Fix utility prices.
- Fix authentication.
- Added location capability.
- Fix multi-factor authentication.
- Support multi-factor authentication.
- Support new authentication system. Go to Device settings - Maintenance Actions - Repair to repair.
- Added capability for ‘Software version update’
- Fix for consecutive condition cards, ref. issue #4
- Fix for power calculation
- Switched from data to vehicle_data endpoint
- Switched to OAuth for streaming
- Better power calculation for 3-phase chargers
- Select between ideal and estimated battery range in Adv. settings
- Do not poll every minute when plugged in, but not charging
- Added setting for minimum refresh interval for streaming
- Added latitude and longitude as capabilities
- Speed and odometer is not saved to Insights
- Fixed timestamp check for calculating meter power