[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

If it isn’t suported, then it will be hard. To control you can use scenes, but the other way isn’t possible, yoy have the 10 minutes delay.

Hi,

Is there a way to control de Tuya device without internet? If homey losses the connection that I could stil controle de action hu10 lamps?

Thx!

Depends on the firmware and model/type. They can be flashed with Tasmota, and then be controlled locally. I tried this with a light bulb, and did everything carefully, but bricked it. Other devices already had too recent firmware (Tuya don’t want us to flash their stuff)
So I’ll stick with internet control of my Tuya Wifi devices.

Is there a way that instead of polling for changes on the API, it can be done with push update? changes would be reflected right away instead of up to 10 minutes
like local tuya is doing? Maybe sth like that can be done, the link is here:

From what I read, it’s similar to the Tyua app. But that one has support for a few devices. And after reading how one should obtain a key… I’m happy with Tuya cloud! :crazy_face:

Changes from Homey to Tuya cloud are pushed directly. The other way around is not possible, Tuya API doesn’t offer this functionality. So we can only poll, but the API only allows to poll once in 10 minutes.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with the 10min poll interval.
The only “thingie” is, after adding a device, it can be controlled after 10 mins. I don’t mind.

Jurgen,

I can’t connect anymore.
I’ve tried several times, sometimes it works for a minute and then my connection is lost again.
I’ve tried to delete and reinstall.
That didn’t work, then I reinstalled a backup.
Then everything is back again, but again I’m still not able to get connected with Tuya.
I tried with a new password, telephone number with 31 and with 258.
Tried with Tuya and with Smartlife.

Homey 6.1.0
Tuya cloud 0.0.15

@Jurgen_Heine
Thanks for your app

My plugs have Energy monitoring, could this be added to the app?
I miss those flowcards

Thanks to Jurgen my app works.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Michael, that’s information not handled by Tuya API. So it’s not possible until Tuya changes their API and allows for that kind of data to be exchanged with the Tuya Cloud app.

1 Like

Hi, i have a issue that some others reported but don’t know what to do. I added switches to the app in homey and all the appliances that i have working in the Smart Life app appear in Honey. However i get a red triangle mark stating service temporary unavailable. It is there for way more than 10 minutes. Reported code is:
d9434cd2-e4c3-4b5d-991d-575d255c7d74

@Leon_Van_Poelwijk Hi Leon, use the Tuya Smart phone app.

I tried to reset my password in the smartlife app and now it works somehow. Thanks

1 Like

Our cloud connection seems to be gone. Anyone who has a clue? The credentials seem to be correct. The devices are accessible through the native app.

Log: b1f9d8b5-b6e2-40f0-9381-87b34e1f450b

Had a similar issue lastnight with the smartlife app, unable to connect though Homey, but through the Smartlife app everything worked. Restarted homey and devices, nothing worked. When I woke up this morning everything was back to normal and working, so maybe they had server issues?

Can you still use your items through the tuya or smartlife app?

@Joep_Vullings , I saw in your that your credentials are not correct. See log below. As told multiple times, the Tuya Cloud API allows only discover devices once in 10 minutes and authentication once in a minute. So you can only try to reauthenticate once a minute and adding new devices once in 10 minutes.

@Chris_nl , you are also correct. There was a problem with Tuya servers and they did not respond correctly. a number of users did send logs where I could see that the servers where not working.

A user has submitted a diagnostics report for com.tuya.cloud (v0.0.13).

You can reply to this e-mail to get in touch with the user. Note that the user will be able to see your e-mail address.
Note: this log has been manually submitted by a user.
Log ID: b1f9d8b5-b6e2-40f0-9381-87b34e1f450b

User Message:
Suddenly no connection to cloud

---- stdout ----
2021-06-11 20:41:54 [log] [TuyaCloudApp] Start connection to cloud.
Discover devices
2021-06-11 20:41:54 [log] [TuyaCloudApp] Tuya cloud App has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:54 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [cover] Tuya Cover Driver has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [light] Tuya Light Driver has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [light] [0] Tuya Light Lotek has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [light] [1] Tuya Light lamp bij TV has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [light] [2] Tuya Light Bank lamp links has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [light] [3] Tuya Light Bank lamp       rechts has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [switch] Tuya Switch Driver has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [switch] [0] Tuya switch Lamp serre     bij bank has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [switch] [1] Tuya switch Lampen    boven boeken has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [switch] [2] Tuya switch Tuinhuis        binnen has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [switch] [3] Tuya switch Waterbollen    spot has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [switch] [4] Tuya switch Luifel tuinhuis has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [switch] [5] Tuya switch Raam lampen voor has been initialized
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [switch] [6] Tuya switch Stroom TV       hoek has been initialized
{"responseStatus":"error","errorMsg":"Get accesstoken failed. Username or password error!"}
2021-06-11 20:41:58 [log] [TuyaCloudApp] Connected to cloud.

---- stderr ----
Get accesstoken failed. Username or password error!

Had the same issue again last night for about 45 minutes, Tuya servers not responding, resolved itself again and everything works fine now. Think they are doing some big maintenance

New credentials and after that all devices powered off and on. Everything fine again.

1 Like

Since two days the trigger scene command does not always work. When I test the flow a read ECONNRESET error pop up.

Any ideas what is causing this issue?