Since there was no app for the WIFI NEO COOLCAM plugs ive put one together for myself based on the TUYAPI by codetheweb. Because i saw some app requests for these plugs i’ve supmitted it to the appstore aswell. I Realize that this is not something for everyone since getting the ID and Keys for the devices is takes some doing and the API is community work to but if you don’t like IFTTT like me this might be a option for you.
Tuya devices homey app
A implementation of TuyAPI for use with homey.
- Initial version with support for NEO Coolcam smartplug 2000W
See the setup instructions for how to find the needed parameters.
Once these parameters (ID and Key) are known you can use this information to create a device in homey to communicate with the Tuya cloud network without the use of IFTT.
Warning: This app is not plug and play finding the ID and Key needed tot communicate with the tuya cloud takes some doing.
- Only one TCP connection can be in use with a device at once. If using this, do not have the app on your phone open.
- Some devices ship with older firmware that may not work with
tuyapi. If you’re experiencing issues, please try updating the device’s firmware in the official app.
- I think other smartplugs from tuya may work to with this app. The 3600 watt version from NEO Coolcam is on its way from China.
- NEO Coolcam 2000 watt smartplug