[APP][Pro] TuyAPI / Neo Coolcam wall plug WIFI app

You can try to add it as a plug and see weather it turns open and close. And you can at least that way get me a log so i can add it assuming it behaves like a powered device.

hi…

first of all thank you for all efforts

i tried expermintal app with my TASMOR - wifi smart LED strip , but still didnt work. coulnd turn on or off

any suggestion?

Hi. I’ll try asap and let you know (I’m away for a month)

Hi @Rens_Brandwijk, are you planning to add support for the LSC Smart Flood light with sensor?

Thanks

Hi @Rens_Brandwijk ,
I added the AOFO powerstrip in the beta version of the app (v2.1.4) but Homey says “the device is unavailable” and I can’t use it. :disappointed:
ID and KEY are uniquely assigned to a device or should I check them again?

Hello

May I request a new device creation ? I bought a tuya WIFI smart light sensor like this one
Capture d’écran 2021-09-18 à 19.36.11

I can follow all the steps to integrate it as a fake device in homey, but get nothing in the logs(as per your post above). And I can access it through tuya-cli. here is what I get :

> tuya-cli get --id ######## --key ####### --ip 192.168.###  --protocol-version 3.3 --full
> { dps: { '1': 'high ', '2': 547 } }

Where the DPS 2 show an light intensity from 0 to 1000, and DPS 1 gives a value low/medium/high

This would really help me to have a homey device, with a condition flow on DPS 1 (… and light is low/medium/high) and/or a condition flow on DPS 2 (… and light is > than XXX)

thank you so much

Hi, please forget the above request
I’m currently developing it myself as a branch from your code, I’ll submit a pull request in a few days

How many sockets does your strip have

If it has 4 plus usb use the AOFO
If it has 3 plus usb install it as nous.

After deleting and reinstalling you need to restart the app / homey.

I know this is an old one, but still valid…
I tried Tuya cloud, but the LED strip that I added didn’t support changing colours.

So, I tried this. However, I have the Tuya app, not the Smartlife app. I did install the smartlife app, but then I need to add the light to that one again?

If I use the Tuya app the command prompt just sticks with “Waiting for request”

What are the best next steps?

Nope. Still not working :disappointed:

Hi,

Is there any way you could add the belife smart plug?

"{\"dps\":{\"18\":95,\"19\":25},\"t\":1637409487}\n NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {\"dps\":{\"18\":75,\"19\":26},\"t\":1637409491}\n NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {\"dps\":{\"18\":74,\"19\":38},\"t\":1637409493}\n NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {\"dps\":{\"18\":76,\"19\":32},\"t\":1637409495}\n NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {\"dps\":{\"18\":75,\"19\":25},\"t\":1637409497}\n NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {\"dps\":{\"18\":74,\"19\":29},\"t\":1637409499}\n NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {\"dps\":{\"18\":76,\"19\":33},\"t\":1637409503}\n NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {\"dps\":{\"19\":29},\"t\":1637409505}"

I’m browsing through your repository and checking how i could add this plug myself, but i’m not sure i will be able to add it.
It’s an plug with energy meter

– update
It’s weird when i look in the code i don’t see whats different then to other plugs. 18 19 and 20 are used for the power consumption just like neo and the others. but it says it’s unavailable

9 = always 0 ? even if turned of…
18 = current in mA
19 = Power (/10)
20 = voltage (/10

1 Like

Hey Rens,

Wordt dit ook nog beschikbaar voor de homey bridge?

Mvg

Can anyone help me with this app.
I have 8 Tuya sockets from 3 different brands - however I am not seeing uniform results even within brands

I am able to add devices however in some situations the status and response simply doesnt work. I know the devices are added correctly, because the red ! disappears and no errors are received, however they simply do not respond.

I’m confused as to why this would be… I have tried adding as different devices.

It seems pot luck as to whether the plug works which is quite odd!
Any advice?

Thanks

1 Like

Got everything 99% up and running using the method of creating a developer account.
The light strip is online there and I can add it to Homey. All seems well and everything is online. Just nothing happens if I change something in Homey.

Sounds like the same issue as I have above. My guess is the app has only been implemented for devices that behave in a certain way (the way of the named devices above) with certain firmwares, but I’ve extensively tested and definitely some don’t work

I have an Octoprint setup which has a plugin using the same API and all the plugs work with that, even the ones that don’t with Homey, so seems it’s pot luck

Too bad, because this sort of tinkering is why I moved away from Domoticz.
It feels like I’m really close :neutral_face:

Ha, ironically this will work much better and easier in Home Assistant too
Just so you know there is a cloud version of the app that works pretty well, but isn’t local control

A cloud version of Homey, you mean? I am aware of that, but I don’t see the added valeu compared to a Homey Pro

I recently switched from Domoticz to Homey Pro because things “just work” without the need for tinkering. Now I have found myself creating a manual again on how to add a Tuya light strip.

If there is one thing that Athom could pick up it would be to create their own app for Tuya. That would add support for hundreds of devices.

Until that time it seems that our devices can talk to Homey and Homey can talk to the devices. They just don’t understand each other. The only thing that seems to work is that Homey can see the device is there.

No, cloud based tuya app

1 Like

As mentioned above I was meaning the cloud Tuya app, but do agree, a Tuya app would cover a significant number of devices (if implemented properly)