Homey Community Forum

[APP]TuyAPI / Neo Coolcam wall plug WIFI app

For people looking for the key. Tuya has changed something in there app so in the latest version (3.13.x versions and up) don’t release the key’s anymore. Use 3.12.6. They are working on it see https://github.com/codetheweb/tuyapi/issues/280

Thanks for the quick Update @Rens_Brandwijk, appreciate it.

To fix the issue regarding obtaining the key with a different app, instead of downgrading Smart life APP. Testet only for Android, as i dont have an iphone.

1. Download “STL Smart Home”
  2. Make an account
  3. Add your device ONLY to this app first.
  4. Follow normal instruction to obtain your KEY and ID. Note this down.
  5. Delete the device from “STL Smart Home”
  6. Add your device to “Smart Life” APP.
  7. You might have to restart Tuya APP in homey (try without)
  8. Add your device to homey.

There might be other issues down the road. I just added a LED Strip and i dont receive any attributes anymore. It might work on Smart Plugs, i havent tried yet. I still have some unused once that i could try to verify if there is other issues on devices i KNOW works.

Update: I do not get the 3600W Power plug to work with homey either if i add a new one. Even if i do have the new ID and KEY. Works in Smart Life app, also can add it to homey but i cant get any attributes and it wont respond to any commands.
The old 3600W Power plugs still works though.

Update 2:
Now I have tried both the STL app and the old version of the smart life app that still gives the is and the key. Issues is: they give they key, it’s just not the same key even though it’s the same app… so guess it’s not that simple.