[APP][Pro] TuyAPI / Neo Coolcam wall plug WIFI app

So I thought I’d give it a shot and test that AOFO Powerstrip. However, I found quite a few “bugs”.
Is this app still maintained?
If so, here is the bug list:

1. Toggle All does not actually toggle all outlets but only #1 & #2
  2. The app cannot handle simultanous commands. If there is no 2s gap between commands send to it through the app the state might not reliably change or even the wrong outlet will switch.

Whilst Bug 1 is not that big deal for me as I would most likely switch every outlet individually anyways, bug 2 is a killer for use in any automation. I would expect the app actually to handle the command queing itself and delay them to not confuse the device.
As long as I got this device here, am willing to do further testing if needs.

Thanks in advance

Well, at least now we know this is not an incidental issue since we’re both experiencing the exact same thing. Knowing that the LSC Smart LED light Strip was actually one of the first devices that was officially supported, support for it probably broke somewhere along the way with an update. (That’s what I suspect at least.) Hopefully, @Rens_Brandwijk will be able to fix it!

(I would’ve tried fixing it myself if I weren’t still a noob when it comes to Homey. I’ll do some digging in the GitHub repo though; see if I can find anything that might cause this.)

1 Like
  1. Working like a charm here with the Tuy cloud app
  2. that seems correct yes

The tuya cloud app seems to handle 1) correct but also suffers issue 2) :frowning:

PS: The cloud app also does not reflect the status of the outlets if toggled at the device directly.

Sorry for not answering for a while it has been a bit busy lately.

for the people running into problems.

LED Strips
What kind of LED strips are you using (is it the LSC one) and if you look in the Attribute log, do you see the same data as when you switch it by the official app or the remote? make sure you use the right version (3.1 or 3.2).

As for the curtains. Those might work with the type anccy shutter timer switch. if not send me the attributes (without the key ofc) and try to find out what parameter is what.

As stated above. ID + Key is the preferred way of connecting. IP should work to but is not necessary.

Problem with these tuya devices is that there is no documentation at all about what parameters they use and there are differences between versions and firmwares. So its i kinda hard to reverse engineer everything.

2 Likes

Hi Rens,

Thanks for getting back to us! Both @Martijn_Hoogenbosch and I use the LSC Smart LED light strip. When turning the strip on or off using Homey, nothing shows up in the Data Attribute Log. However, when turning it on using the Tuya Smart App, the log says:
NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {“dps”:{“20”:true},“t”:1595170861}
After turning it off via the app it says:
NEW DATA ATRIBUTE: {“dps”:{“20”:false},“t”:1595170979}

I’ve tried it with both version 3.1 (the default) and also after manually changing the version to 3.2.

I hope this info is of any help. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

1 Like

I use parameter 20 to turn on and off to. So it is quite strange that it doesn’t work.

However it might have something to do with the color modes or because not all parameters are set.

Can you try the following. before turning the device on / off. Can you change the brightness to for example 85% and color values for both the color als the white-scale values from the homey app. And try if it works then to turn on and off?

I’ve tried changing the brightness and the color values numerous times and this works without a problem. But turning on or off still doesn’t.

OK. Then may i ask you to send me (by PM) a screenshot from the website

http://developer.athom.com/tools/devices for the led strip.

I’m especially interested in the items ‘Settings’ and Capabilities. You may blurr the Key and ID ofc.

SO I bought these from aunt ali: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000898518473.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4f3c4c4dUviCB4

i cant get them to work via the tuya app; i added it as an anccy shutter timer switch

I presume that 3 means closing, 2 means stops and 1 means opening.
Do you need more intel and can i help in any way?

These ones should work with the anccy shutter as they use the same dataformat.

I just finished the rewrite to SDK 3 (to support version 5.0.0) and updated the TuyaLibery i hope this solves some problems because for example the LED strips works fine here but not not for some people.

The update is currently under review.

1 Like

Hi @Rens_Brandwijk, are you talking about the 2.0.1 release which currently is in ‘test’? Unfortunately I still have the same issues with turning it on and off again.

With the Tuya app, no issues. Through homey everything works except for turning it on and off. It does detect the strip being turned off and on if you do it through they Tuya app.

Anything else I can check for you?

I bought a new led strip, just to check if it perhaps could be a problem with the strip itself. Since your strip appears to work, i thought it would be worth a try. But exactly the same issue. Everything works, except for turning it on and off.

Hi Rens, I have another one:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32886952479.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4diypWp9
it works the sameway, except thisone uses “off” "stop"and “on”
that one doesnt work yet, is there something else that might work?

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch i will see if i can get one to and debug this then.

1 Like

If that’s not possible I could always give you access to my account, if it helps.

a head’s up, i’m currently testing the latest version available in the test branch and I can turn on and off the led strip, great work!

2 Likes

Like Martijn wrote after buying a new led strip for myself i solved the problem.

They changed the control module of the strip this one uses slightly different commands to turn on / off. Because the 5.0.0 version of homey is still in beta Athom does not publish SDK 3 apps to the stable channles. People with version 5.0.0 should install the beta version of the app.

The beta version can be found here:

3 Likes

@Rens_Brandwijk Great to hear it’s working again! My Homey is still on version 4.2, will this update become available for that version as well? Because the beta version of your app doesn’t work right now. (When trying to install I get the error:“An unkown error has occured [incompatible_app_version]”, see screenshot below:).

I assume this is because I’m not on v.5 yet, though I’m not sure.

Just pushed a new version to test working with SDK 2. It should work. will re apply the SDK3 version when 5.0.0 is released.

This version won’t go to stable.

It took a while before I was able to test it, but I can confirm it works on Homey 4.2. So now I’m finally able to turn the LSC LED Strip on and off. :grinning: Thanks! :+1:t4:

2 Likes