[App][Cloud&Pro] Twinkly

A wrong token suggests my Homey app is still conflicting with another connection for a valid active token, most likely the Twinkly smartphone app but it could also be Google Assistant for instance if you connected that as well. A new token is generated by my app when this error occurs but if there still is an open connection with the Twinkly smartphone app (or any another integration) they are fighting over who gets the valid active token and can communicate with the Twinkly devices. Since this is not actually an error there is no logging for it. You should make sure nothing else is trying to communicate with Twinkly in parallel.

By Wrong token I mean simply opening URL by http://TWINKLYIPADDRESS/xled/v1/login - btw, now when I tried that again, I get answer : {“code”:1000} … but thank you @Phuturist for your insights, if I’m the only person with problem then I guess there is nothing wrong for others.

Btw what is working, is turning the Twinkly lights off. But I can’t turn them back on. Really odd.

With new firmware 2.5.9(improved WiFi stability), I just got, seems it’s working again, interesting. I have just to wait after I close the original app for 2-5min then it’s working as suggested.

1 Like

Like the app! Great to create flows and different schedules. On and off works fine. Demo works fine. I can’t get color working. I use Gen2, special editions (with rgb ánd warm white) Twinkly(string, curtain, icicle). Any idea?

Also like tot use the brightness . Anyone knows how to do this?
I am not a developer. But is is possible to use HTTP get app to set color and/or brightness as a work around?

Could be this only works on GEN1. I dont own a GEN2 string.

Not possible with the unofficial reversed engineered API, else it would have been added already.

By any chanche to sync with esp32 wled ? So i can create a scene?

The Homebridge plugin can manage the brightness, it is also based on the unofficial api

Maybe via https://xled-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/rest_api.html#set-brightness it might be possible ?

Oh wow, guess that’s been added with a more recent firmware. I can probably work with that. I’ll look into it when I have some time.

3 Likes

You are kidding :slight_smile: New version and dimming works nice! Thank you :-)))

v3.0.3 (SDK2) - 2020-12-07

• Added dimming capabiity

This version is available in the stable channel of the app store and will be pushed to Homey’s that have enabled auto updates.

v3.0.4 (SDK3) - 202x-xx-xx

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x)
  • Added dimming capability
  • Minor improvements

This version is available in the test channel in the app store. You can only install this if you are running Homey firmware 5.x which is still in experimental phase.

2 Likes

Hi @Phuturist, just for info: the test version v3.0.4 is not available, only the stable v3.0.3.

I confirm - I can see v3.0.3 only as well on v5 (with dimming capability)

Fixed that.

2 Likes

since last update to twinkly version 3.0.3 the homey app itself is fucked up! (running homey on last v4.x and using twinkly gen 1 lights)
When you try to open ‘devices’ (apparaten) tab the screen goes white
Also when you try to open: more-> apps -> twinkly the same, screen goes white!

I have now NO optuion to control any of my devices or even to remove or disable the app which is causing this.

Please fix it (or give a hint how i can get back into devices)…

I have this problem on all my devices which are connected to my Homey…

I will quote the response I gave you on Github already.

This does not sound like an issue related to my app. It’s either something with the smartphone app or with Homey itself. I would suggest rebooting Homey and force-close the smartphone app. If the problem persists you should contact Athom support about it.

Something else you could try is reinstall the app from the app store.

mostlikely was this the cause:

Wow! Works great with Gen2 Special Editions. Change color not possible but love dimming. Very nice in flows. @Phuturist thank you.

I fully agree with Kee_Keboo love the dimming feature.

Could it be possible to start a play list from a flow?