[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Network

Something else : what is the refresh/action (dis)connect time period for LAN/wired devices ??
Is this a unifi/ubiquiti (time) setting or by this app ??
I have one particular LAN/wired devices that has been disconnect already for 2 hours and it still shows connected. Several other LAN/wired devices are also not triggerd as disconnected (within the 1st 5 minutes).

Any help/thoughts please about that ??

(I have 72 wifi & 45 LAN/wired devices).

Works also for me so far. But UniFi has serious troubles with the WebUI. It stops working and I have to restart the unifi-os every few day.
See also this thread: https://community.ui.com/questions/UniFi-Portal-UniFi-is-having-trouble-with-this-direction/6aadc8d7-a36f-473b-8e74-fdd53be48ded?page=1

Hi all,

Iā€™m quite new to homey and flow things je thus creating some test flows to see how things work. I created this flow for UniFi:

Goal is to get some insight into when devices connect and disconnect (also have another flow for connect)

However this is not giving any notifications.

Iā€™m running the beta version and have a connected state in settings.

Thanks for help!

How long did you wait after disconnecting the device? It takes some seconds until the app gets the new device state - depending on the controllers check interval and poll intervall of UnifiApp.

Well the flow has been running for some days now so I did expect to get some devices to disconnect in that period

Hm, here itā€™s working.

Controller (Docker) version 6.0.45

When you use docker or own hosted controller and an reverse proxy, please activated the websocket reverse proxy also!

The app using the websockets from the controller for events.

@ObelixNL not aware I do. I have a cloud key gen 2 which runs both protect as network controller. My settings current look like this.

So no Docker. Or any other thing. However is there something I need to enable for this flow to work?

Thanks! (Also for the apps. :relaxed:)

I Have cloud key Gen 2 (non-plus) ( firmware 2.17) and UnifiOS 6.2.25.

and its working fine now since almost a weekwith the (la)test version 2.12

Do you have the local user account as a ā€œSuper adminā€ and the 2 Factor authentication disabled (although you use a local account) ?

Wich APā€™s and how many of them do you have ?

I have 2 NanoHD Apā€™s which one of them is in a straight line without any obstacle 3 meters way from my Homey Pro. So how is the wifi connection of your Homey ? Mine is 97/100 says unifi.

And Iā€™ve tested the scenario of connection lost (of my Iphone) and it triggerd a vioce message through Google TTS within 30 seconds.

Are you sure you got the right device for the disconnect ? My Iphone has for every wifi-network a diffferent Mac-adress so I grouped the 5 different Iphone 11 devices to one group as in a room in my house and it triggers a disconnect when there isnā€™t any alarm active in that room (anymore).

Hi

Have updated to super admin, so letā€™s see :slight_smile:

version for me are:
cloud key V2.1.11 (showing as up to date?)
network V6.1.71 (also showing as up to date)

3 UAP-AC-Pro access points and homey showing 100%.

Lets see if switch from admin to super admin did something.

I canā€™t imagine that this should be the reason. Iā€™m using a redonly user without any rights.

grafik

ok found it, I didnā€™t add the wifi devices in the correct way. added some of them and got the messages straigt away.

Sorry still learning this.

Did you ever tried to login yourself with the specified account for Homey in Unifi just to check its working and what you can do/set or just see/read then ?

I did. Thatā€™s why I upgraded my account 1st from read-only to admin and later to super admin.

Also make sure there are no hidden spaces " " in front of at the end of you login or the portnumber specified.

That firmware and UnifiOS lower/different version numbers (as the latest) is weird, I think. But donā€™t know if its the cause of your problem.

do you have an Iphone/aplle watch/ Ipad ?

Donā€™t forget thaat these devices mask their real Mac adress with an private mac adress different for eacht Wifi-Network (unsless deactivated in the setting for that wifi-netrwork on the device).

Thatā€™s why I have 6 x Iphone 11 Red wifi devices for my one Iphone red 11 because I have 6 Wifi-Network it can connect to.
Iā€™ve grouped the together in one subroom of my unifi/wifi room together.
so if all alarm got out in my unifi/wifi/iphonered11 room go out (and also in my room unifi/wifi/applewatchred) for more then 3 minitues (countdown to zero) these devices are disconnected and probably I am not at home any more.

App isnā€™t working correctly

When i restart the app i can see the devices but after some time it loses connection.
A restart of the app solves it again but i donā€™t this this is an option.

Try the test version (add /test) to the app url

Ok.

My Cloud Key Gen 2 just updated from 2.17 to 2.1.11. Weird version numbers. (My logic says that 2.17(00) is grater than. 2.1.11. )

But I have still version of 6.2.25 UnifiOS up to date release(so not beta) version.

check here :

https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Network-Application-6-2-25/d9cb0897-3ef4-4dda-a5d6-c07530ff8a86

Thank you @ObelixNL for keeping this great app alive.

I run a UDM (non-Pro) with FW Version 1.9.3 and Network App Version 6.2.26. Everything is working fine. Now Iā€™m planning to upgrade to UDM Firmware Version 1.10.0. The network app version remains the same.

https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-OS-Dream-Machines-1-10-0/c4559fe1-52dc-4a6d-8991-d469959d366e

Has anyone had any experience with this release?

If the network app is responsible for the correct functioning of the interface, there should be no problems (as the version of the network app remains the same), right?

Should work like that :wink:

1 Like