[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

Could be a bug, maybe @Arie_Laxed can answer this question to you.

Yes

Is it possible to include a tile that can be controlled with any number? It would be great to have a tile on the dashboard that shows the number without opening it.
I would use something like this to represent logic values.

When you make some changes in the driver.js of the app its possible with the virtual thermostat. I set the max to 99.

1 Like

A flow can be triggered with the default trigger-cards ‘mode on|off’ or the custom trigger cards: ‘mode is on|off’. They work similar, but there is 1 difference: the custom trigger cards are not triggered when the mode is set in another flow with the action-cards ‘Set mode on|off, no trigger’.

So make sure your other flows use the ‘mode is on|off’ trigger-cards.

2 Likes

Hi all!

First of all: Virtual Devices is now installed and used on more than 10.000 Homeys all over the world. That makes me very proud and I want to thank you all for just using this app.

I’ve just uploaded a new version to ‘test’, containing the long asked for use of custom icons and setting the min & max target_temperature, both upon pairing.

And last: I’m very busy with other (non-Homey) projects as well, so I may not respond to issues as quickly as people want. But Pull Requests for fixes or improvements are very welcome and I’m happy to look at that.

22 Likes

First of all, thanks for the great app.
Would it be possible to extend the range of min & max target_temperature? Even with the test version of the app, the range is 4 - 35, independent of what I enter during installation.

1 Like

Yeah, thank you very much for the app, it’s awesome :blush:. As for suggestions. I d love the heater to have the option to turn on/off as well. On/off can trigger flows. The current button sadly can’t.

1 Like

Same here, range remains 4-35. Would it als be possible to choose the steps? As temperature sensor report steps of 0.5° C in stead of steps of 1° C. Thanks.

Thanks for reporting. I fixed this in version 0.9.3

1 Like

I think I’ve fixed this as well (in version 0.9.4). If you add a new device with measure_temperature, you can set the amount of decimals to 1 or 2. Then you can set values like 0.5. Make sure to use a . (not a ,).
Let me know if this is what you meant.

1 Like

You’re great! Bull’s eye :100:! You’ve earned a :beer:

But I failed to find a PayPal link to buy you a :beer:. Or can I only donate a virtual :beer:? Please advise :wink:

The possibility to control the steps in the virtual thermostat in 0.1 steps or even with two decimal places would be really ingenious. I could then create much more accurate tiles.

Example:
My fish tank
Screenshot_20210215-084452_Homey

I agree, one decimal would be nice. Two seems a bit over the top to me …

Cannot update to the latest version.
Whenever I try to click on 0.9.4 update in the Homey app, my Homey app crashes.

Do you guys have this too?

Thanks! I’ll update it in the next release.
The link is:

But don’t feel obliged. I also like the Thank you’s and virtual beers :wink:

As far as I know, the tile (made by Athom) does not support this. So I’m afraid there is nothing we can do about that.

0.5 it is!

I hope the beer is cold :beer: Cheers!

1 Like