[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

Hi Arjan, I’m currently working on a new Homey app about personal weather stations. I already use you app so I knew a nice icon for the app. I use the sensor-icon from your app. Is that OK with you?

Sure. But note that I got most of the icons from the noun project and I add attribution to them in a License.md file, like this:

• Sensor (removed text) by Arthur Lacôte from the Noun Project via Creative Commons
  • sensor (2) (removed text) by Pham Duy Phuong Hung from the Noun Project via Creative Commons

Thanks Arjan, added that info to my app as well.

Hi guys, thx for this app, its amazing!
I have one problem, can you help me?

I have flow - every 5 mins actualize temperature on virtal device. But it ends with error:

Take a look here.
All possibilities here.

1 Like

Off course! Thank you! And how I set buble info of temperature? Like here?

1 Like

For measuring temp yes.

Yep, sorry, I made mistake in my sentecne… The question is… HOW can I set info bubble :slight_smile:

Use the virtual thermostat for that and use all the capabilities during install

And place the data in target_temperarure

Hi guys, is it possible for a thermostat device to clear the target_temperature value via flow?
I guess there should be the way as this (empty state) is the state of this parameter immediately after creating the virtual thermostat, but I can’t figure out how to bring it back once target_temperature was set to any other value…
I’m basically looking for a way to remove the temp display from virtual thermostat tile from time to time.

@leman
I get the idea, but I couldn’t simulate it…
How 'bout setting a bogus value, like 123? A temp which in real life never can be reached?

And you have to round your input values to 0.5
F.i. like this

Not sure if I get your suggestion correct, but if you set target_temperature to a value high enough that it is out of thermostat range (as indicated when adding the device) then this card is simply not executed within the flow. So setting an unrealistically high value would either keep previous value (if it’s out of range) or update to this new value (if it’s in range - however non-realistic / never achievable temperature in a real life this is). It never seems to revert to no target_temperature value at all (which is the case when the thermostat device is just created).

First about your last sentence: that I could not achieve. Maybe it can be done by using Homey script.

I forgot to tell you the virtual thermostat I created to show snowfall in mm, was set to a range from 0 to 200°
That’s why the "snow"tile can show 123 as a value.
It is correct when sending an out of range value, the original value is unaltered.

The only way to adjust the range is to create a new virtual thermometer and setting the desired range.

OK, thanks - this is somewhat similar to what I have implemented now (showing dummy value when I’d ideally like to have noting shown at all).

In my case the display is for the trigger of various heating plans (automatic/heat/cold/off), and sine in automatic mode there are different thermostat groups with different schedules there are certain time periods when a single target temp display (as available on a tile) is senseless. In such cases I set target_temperature value to 0, but I would ideally like no value shown at all. Homey script is a bit above my level of understanding currently )))

With a bit of tinkering - apparently you can assign an empty value to target_temperature when changing the device parameters in Homey Developer or creating a flow in Homey Flow. This takes out the temperature display from the tile completely until you assign a valid value to target_temperature once again.
Flow editor in the mobile app does not allow doing this though.

1 Like

Yes, I did on purpose not suggest to set the “nothing” value to zero, b/c zero degrees is a realistic value in some cases.

I tested with Vthermo, but same results. You simply can enter numbers only, not a “false” character. And when entering a value out of range, it doesn’t update.
Vthermo might be interesting to you, b/c you can set the range and steps after installation, and the minimum step is 0.25

I also have little knowledge of homeyscript.

Is it me or is the thermostat limited to 12 degrees? <— n/m… you can set a minimum during device creation.

1 Like

Thanks 4 sharing.
So the mobile flow editor is not equal to Homey Flow online? Interesting…