[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

Just now realized that you are the dev of this app :roll_eyes:

Spoke too soon, this morning the lights were on again when mode changed to Sunrise. :(:disappointed_relieved:

This is sooo weirdā€¦ Why did it work perfectly yesterday and now again the same problem.

Really starting to doubt myself hereā€¦

This all seems to be correct, right?

This is my device with modes ā€˜Sunsetā€™ en ā€˜Sunriseā€™

This flow should turn on my outdoor lights at sunset, but they also go on at sunriseā€¦

This flow turns on other lights outside at sunset and should turn them off at sunrise, used to work when I used Better Logic (and also worked yesterday, but not todayā€¦)

But that flow is just a check, so nothing should be switched at all?
@Arie_Laxed So is it a bug?

Iā€™ll change my flows for now, hope this gets solved in the future :slight_smile:

Well, changed all my flows to use the tags, but itā€™s still not working as it should.
Lights didnā€™t turn on at sunrise so thatā€™s good (but could just have been luck).
But the lights that had to turn off didnā€™tā€¦

I just noticed Homey updated this app to version 0.8.1 which was, according to the app store, released today. But I canā€™t find what has changed. Github doesnā€™t show any changes at all.

I changed my flows back to BL and they have been working fine for days now. Must be a bug somewhereā€¦

Am using heimdall in combination with virtual devices that represent sensors from my separate alarm system (sensor updates are transmitted to homey via X10). This all seems to work, ie I see sensor updates in Heimdall.

However, I cannot trigger off a virtual sensor. Have tried 2 ways; using the ā€œchangedā€ card as well as the ā€œvirtual device has changedā€ card. In both cases I can see the virtual device being updated in Heimdall logging but the flow does not trigger.

Any clues?

See:

In this case itā€™s the process of adding a new device and a compatibility indicator for Homey v2.

Thanks, not sure if I follow. What can I do to get this working?

@pim555 I replied to Maikel.
Iā€™ll have to investigate your issue further, when I have time.
Are you using Homey V2?
And did you create the new Homey App to create the flow?

@Arie_Laxed I am on 1.5.13 and the flow was created in the good old web based UI

Hello,
I plan to integrate my garage drive to homey. I will use a extension module of my garage drive, that has the following options:

State: Open, Closed, InMotion
Command: Open, Close, Stop

I will use a Arduino in combination Homeyduino for communication to Homey.

The question is what kind of virtual Devices should I use?
I think I have to use at least two devices, one for the states and one for the commands?
Any ideas?

thanks!

edit: I think the ā€œwindow coveringā€ with the condition up/idle/down will be the best solution?

I like virtual devices.
But Water Meter (meter_water) is missing for the virtual devices right now. Hope you will integrate that in a future update.

Without trying to rush you, do you have an estimate on when you are able to look into this?
The lights in the living room behave very strange now, but I do prefer using Virtual Devices instead of changing the flows.

Hi Maikel,

Which issue is that, because various issues pass by on this thread.

Keep in mind that my ā€œworking listā€ are the issues (incl enhancements) on GitHub.

I just added 2 virtual devices and the icons donā€™t show up, not in the app and not on the developer-site.

I donā€™t know if this is a bug in VD or Homey V2 since Iā€™m also missing some other icons (but those are only missing in the app)

@Fire69 ttps://github.com/ArjanKranenburg/virtual-devices/issues/77

Ah, thanks! Sorry, forgot to check the issues before posting.

Guess Iā€™ll still have to create an issue because the device canā€™t be used apparently.
It doesnā€™t have any capabilities :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hi Arie,

itā€™s the one where the on-state for a light is not correctly switched. I also created an issue on GitHub about it.
I tried to work around the issue by changing the on-state in the script called by Homey, but that doesnā€™t seem to work very well either.

@Maikel
You mean https://github.com/ArjanKranenburg/virtual-devices/issues/76

In general I never promise a release or fix date since I work on items in my spare time and I currently prefer to work on other (non-Homey) projects. Also for Homey v2 issues Iā€™m depending on Athom to either give me more info or fix their issues.

So if it is crucial for you, I would go for plan B.

I have a question about the thermostat device.
I added one with the capabilities ā€œtarget temperatureā€ and ā€œmeasure temperatureā€
The target temperature works fine so far. I use this to set the target temperature for several thermostats.
But I donā€™t know how to set the ā€œcurrent temperatureā€ of the device.
I tried some flow actions but I did not find a proper solution.
Can somebody give me some advice?

(I am using 0.8.4)