Homey Community Forum

[App] Virtual Devices

i have no idea, i downloaded the svp, i have no option to open svg files, my pc does not reqonised the extension.

The svg itself is correctly displayed when chosen in the VD app, so i think the svg is OK.

I also have no idea where to get .svg files, it would be easier if .png could be used as icons…

Oh, okay. .svg files are dynamically sizable, .png is not. That’s probably the reason .svg is selected as icon type.

If the .svg is displayed correctly, that shouldn’t be the issue. Did you restart the app alr? Could help.

Here you can find lots of valid .svg icons, and view them.

If you use a Windows PC, to view .svg files you can use Irfanview (freeware, no ads) with the svg plugin.
https://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Or open them in Chrome

1 Like

https://freeicons.io/iconset/popular

Or make them yourself. Even got one of the building we live in. There are plenty of websites where you can convert your images to .svg online

Screenshot_20210603-150529

flaticon.com

Also make sure you pick the black and white ones, other colors seem to have issues in Homey

Is it possible to add the capability alarm_water to the sensor device?
I want to make a virtual flood sensor, but this capability is missing.
thx in advance

How can i change the value of a virtual camera ?
For motion for exemple ?
Thanks.

Hi, I even didn’t know a virtual cam existed :crazy_face:
Set the motion alarm:

Reset the motion alarm:

Trigger for virtual motion alarm:

Here you can find the capabilities of your devices

Perfect !!!

Thank you Lord of Homey ! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I need some help… :frowning:

I have curtains that I control via infrared (via harmony hub).

Now I have created a virtual device with which I can control the curtains

Device on. curtains closed
Device off.
Curtains open

I already made this device when virtual devices could not use so many different classes.

I also use google home and now have to say curtains on / off.

I prefer to say curtains open/close.

So I created a new virtual device with the class curtains.

My button on the curtains works within homey, only google knows does not find this device.
How can I solve this so that I can just say: Curtains open/close

Create a routine in Ghome, and make sure it listens to: hey doodle, open curtain X.
Then let that routine trigger your curtain button .off on Homey and the other way round for “close”

1 Like

Question, I’ve a rollershutter which doesn’t provide the exact position, or to be more precise, it only provides going down, going up, inactive, bottom & top. So the intermediate position is missing. Are there any tipps how to display and use the position of a rollershutter VD? The issue is mainly on the positioning screen, e.g. if I choose 20% I don’t know what to do but it’s choosable in the app. That’s strange from UI point of view and nobody understand that you have to choose either 100% or 0% and anything else is forbidden. However the position (top/down) is helpful as you know where the rollershuter stands, even tough the intermediate states are missing. That’s the reason why I want to display them.

EDIT: so at the end, is it somehow possible to have a limited positioning screen? I only need Top/Down/50% (which stands for somewhere in between 100 & 0%). Ah and optionally a information that the rollershutter is running would be great to :slight_smile: , but that’s really optional.

Hi.
Is it possible to create a virtual sensor device and add multiple temperature readings in it?
I want one virtual device on my home screen with temperature readings for multiple rooms.

Unfortunately that is not possible. You have to create a separate virtual device for each room. You can only summarize several temperatures (App “groups”) and, for example, display the average temperature.

Not with 3 x the word ‘Temperature’
Then it is possible, for the web app only (big tile view)
I created a virtual sensor, and selected Temperature, Humidity(luchtvochtigheid) and Windgust angle (Windstoot richting).
Why those? They have the least ‘strange’ extension compared to °C, and they can display a “standard” temperature range.

So, from top to bottom you see the temperature of my:
-Fridge
-Freezer
-Kitchen

3 Flows for setting each individual temperature:

Thanks! That’s smart, and one way to do it :slight_smile:
But to get the wife and kids to understand the difference between temperature in room 1 and 2 is maybe not so easy in 1-2 months ahead :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, thanks. I just thought, you could rename the device as [Room1 Room2 Room3] for instance, and display them from top to bottom.
fridgfreezkitchen
But the km/h indicator should go :rofl:
But I get your point. Maybe Arjan, the dev, can add sensor ‘Temperature2’ and ‘Temperature3’ one day. :upside_down_face:

Yeah that would be nice :smiley: While waiting :crossed_fingers:, I’ll use your setup… Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re very welcome, Mats. I liked this puzzle!