[APP][PRO] VThermo

Can you try setting the hysteresis to a small value, e.g. 0.05, and see if that helps ?

Are you syncing the target from VThermo to Tado, and measured temp from Tado to VThermo ? And the Aqara sensor is the contact sensor ?

yes, exactly and it works.

yes

I tried 0.05, but that doesn’t solve it. The result is closer to what I want and with al little tweak in target temperature usable.
Still I would suspect that with hysteris 0 the state would go to off if humidity = target. I found out that is goes to off when humidity is 2 lower than target. Maybe you can look into this sometime. For time being I will use a work around (use 0.05 and add 1 to target).

V. 1.5.0 is now ready for testing:

• Min. and max. target temperatures can be updated between -10 °C and +60 °C
  • Added flow to update ‘Target temperature min, max and step’
  • Added flow to update ‘Target temperature offset’

Link for the test-version:

hello

A few topics on the subject of temperature regulation exist, but I can not bring the external temperature of the Fibaro FGBS-222 to a virtual thermostat (VIRTUAL DEVICES).
The V thermo is in the same area, but does’nt detect this temperature sensor.
What is the solution? Kind regards

Hi,

The Fibaro FGBS-222 is not supported, due to the way the driver is made (by Athom). As far as I know it has 7 temperature capabilities, but the are called measure_temperature.internal and measure_temperature.externalX. VThermo supports only measure_temperature.

Thank you for your return.
Is there a solution via flows to use this information in virtual thermostat?.
Or is it possible in the program lines to reallocate this variable?.
Cordially
C.BARRES

I suppose the solution is to create a virtual thermometer for each temperature of the FGBS-222 you want to use. Place this virtual thermometer(s) in the same zone als the virtual thermostat. Make (a) flow(s) which copies the temperature(s) from the FGBS-222 to the virtual thermometer(s) on change. The virtual thermostat will pick up this temperature(s).

Thanks for this solution, but what is the application to create virtual thermometer?
cordially

I think virtual devices can do the trick. Just add a virtual device, give it a name (e.g. Temp), select a pictogram (e.g. the Thermostat), Select “Sensor” as device class, select Measured Temperature as capability and you’re done. Set the temperature like described here. Use “measure_temperature” and i suppose that VThermo should see it.

1 Like

Thank you. Indeed the most important is to give the name measure_temperature has the variable for it to work. it didn’t work because I didn’t assign the right name.
cordially.

Hope i got the function of this app right. I want to control one Popp Thermostat zWave. And I want to use an external sensor placed some where in the room to get a better result the temperature measured directly at the thermostat. Is this possible?

Greetings Carsten

No, the VThermo cannot update the temperature of the Popp thermostat, since that is a readonly value.

But you can use the VThermo with two flows to update the target temperature of the Popp thermostat:

• VThermo “Thermostat turned on” → set a high target on the Popp thermostat to turn it on
  • VThermo “Thermostat turned off” → set a low target on the Popp thermostat to turn it off

Hello,

I use a Shelly 1 with temperature sensor. I have connected the actuator of the floor heating to the Shelly. It detects the temperature perfectly. What I do not understand is how to control the switch in Vtermo? Can you couple it with the Shelly switch, i.e. TEmperatur reached, Shelly off and vice versa? Or do I have to create a flow? I do not understand the sense of the switch otherwise, because it does not switch on when the temperature is increased and heats.

Greetings

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

If you go to Homey Developer and search for the Shelly device, what is the “class” and what is in the capabilities list ?

Hi, this is a great app. Have you considered adding support for/creating a spinoff app (with a more suitable name) for luminance?

Quite common use cases are turning lights on and off when dark/light, or putting sunscreens down when sunny. The principle is the same as for the thermostats and humidity.

The sunscreen version might be more complex if you want to take temporary cloudiness, wind or rain into account, but I think many people would appreciate the effort. I dedicated quite a few flows to all of these things.

hello @balmli ,

device is virtual heater,

thanks

philipp

Go to settings for the VThermo device and check the “Other devices” in the “Temperature sensors in the same zone” - group.

VThermo will then see the temperature sensor of the Shelly, and should be able to control the Shelly as well, since it’s a heater.