So, I have found a solution to automate the Roborock S5 Max with Homey, although it’s sort of a weird workaround, but it works
I took the following steps:
- connect the Roborock to the Roborock official app (instead of the Mi Home app)
- Connect the Roborock service with google assistant
- record your own voice saying: Hey google, Start Cleaning
- Upload your recording to Soundboard on Homey
- Create a flow to play the soundboard file on Sonos and voila!
Again, this is by far a solution, but it is possible to automate the start cleaning process of the Roborock S5 Max - I still have to create some flows for instance, if we are away for an hour, and there hasn’t been any cleaning the last two days, because I don’t want the robot to start cleaning when I just go to the store (60 minutes or less).
- I have 2 Sonos speakers in the same room, one of them plays the recording, the other one “listens” to the Hey Google sound - offcourse also works with other Hey Google commands.
- It didn’t work for me to use the above solution on one Sonos device, so you do need two in the same room (in my case, kitchen is the “player” with volume to 50% and the living room is the “listener”
- Stopping or docking the robot is still a bit difficult, because when the robot is cleaning, the Sonos Beam finds it harder to hear the (recorded) voice…
- only starting a (full) clean is possible by using google assistant, not zone or room cleaning (yet hopefully).
Hope this helps some people…