[APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer]

IP is static, assigned by the router (FritzBox 6591) via MAC-address.
I now found out that, when I deactivate the repeater in the basement and the light connects directly to the router, the light is available also in Homey App. There is another ceiling light and a bulb, both connected to another repeater of same brand, type and FW (FritzBox 1750E) that are also not available, but both come available when connected directly to the router.
So it seems definitely to be an issue of working repeater and Homey/Yeelight App on Homey working together.

Could anyone with a working MI bedside lamp (the one with the “golden” base, Wifi an Mi logo, identified by Yeelight App as “yeelink.light.bslamp1”) check which FW version the lamp has? Mine has FW 1.6.6_0172 which is displayed as latest version but misses the LAN button and therefore can’t be found by Homey.

v3.0.4 - 2021-04-12

• Add full support for ceiling20 (YLXD50YL).

The official Yeelight probbaly uses a cloud connection while Homey uses a local connection which does not seem to work with your repeater. Make sure it’s not blocking any traffic and is actually in repeater mode and thus part of the same LAN instead of creating it’s own VLAN (which Homey wont be able to reach).

Thanks for the donation, much appreciated … :pray:

To you as well, thanks for the donation, again much appreciated … :pray:

You may want to check out this link: Yeelight Bedside Lamp 2 - LAN Control issue after update fw to 2.0.6_0041 - YEELIGHT Bedside Lamp - Yeelight Forum

My understanding is Yeelight is gradually phasing out LAN control even for the older models which had it originally. I personally blocked my lights from the Internet (so cannot use Yeelight app anymore, but keep control via Homey) to avoid any unintended FW updates.

I have to say the lights work a bit less stable this way, not sure why though.

Hi Phuturist,
It seems the ambilight feature is not working after 3.04 upgrade and unpair and re-pairing ceiling20. In fact, color change is not working, neither ambilight on/off.

My mistake : ambilight on/off works but color change has no effect

v3.0.5 - 2021-04-13

• Fix for setting ambilight color on model ceiling 20 (YLXD50YL).
1 Like

That is great, works like a charm! Thanks for your great support

Love this app, using it for several bulbs, but now saw there is a gu10 model as well, so I’m thinking of maybe buying some, but wondering if those are supported within the app.

Yeelight GU10

If it’s a new model I’d probably have to add support for it to make sure it has the right capabilities. You can find the model under the device info in the official Yeelight app.

I have bought these lamps too but they don’t seem to be supported by the app. Please let me know what is needed to add support to them?

This is what I see under the device info.

That’s the model type indeed. But if it’s not discovered at all there is something else going on. Did you enable LAN mode?

Lan control is on.

Don’t know then.

What do you suggest I do?

are there any troubleshooting steps or logs that I can collect? The last two srx the lights on my router