[APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer]

I Haven’t bought one yet, only if i know they will work I will buy some (or I can just buy one for testing ofcourse). On the yeelight website it is stated as model YLDP004-A, don’t know if that helps you?

@FEY yeah exactly these ones, thanks for sharing the device informaton, hopefully @Phuturist can find a way to add them. (if needed i’m open to donating one ofcourse)

Hello. By some miracle they got added to homey! I’m not how and why! I kept them on for an hour and then tried to add them again and there they are…

That sounds cool, so they work fully, rgb, on/off/ dim etc?

Just ordered 4 to test them out, can’t wait to test if they are any better then the ones that you HAVE to connect through tuya, they have such a delay at times.

Yes. They are working fully. I’m installing the rest of the bulbs now. I have about thirty of these.

1 Like

Just got my first one delivered, works great indeed, all functionality, color change, dim etc works :+1:
@Phuturist any chance to get a different icon for the GU10 lamps, to make it a bit easier to distinguish them from the other Yeelight lamps I’ve got?

@Phuturist Hi Jelger, thanks for the app and still sticking with it to fix the issues people may have.

Just wanted to check on the issue raised earlier from time to time when the lights do not report their status after it is changed outside of Homey (i.e. via Yeelights cloud or Bluetooth remote). In my case the issue exists with all the lights I have (6* yeelink.light.ceiling4, 7* yeelink.light.ceiling1 and 1* yeelink.light.ceiling10) - in the Yeelight app for Android I can see the light status (on/off) change even when I switch it via Homey (LAN control) or Bluetooth remote, but in Homey “Devices” tab the status is not updating after a change made from anywhere outside of Homey.

In my case the issue persisted at least during the last year, through several Homey firmware releases and a change in LAN hardware. The lights are on fixed IPs in my LAN currently (this was not the case during the whole year I had the described issue and fixed IP did not change anything in the observed behavior). Other than this status update issue the lights are working flawlessly atm.

Is this a known issue? Would it be possible for your to have a look into this and (if yes) do you need any logging etc. on my side?

This is not a known issue and seems to be something in the your network setup. My app uses websockets to listen to updates send by the lights. If Homey does not update the status of the light it means it’s not receiving these updates send by lights or it can not match the updates being send by the light with one of the paired devices. The latter could happen if you have changed the IP addresses of the light after them being pairing. Although there is a mechanism in place which should update the IP address in Homey accordingly it’s worth checking the device settings of each light to make sure it has the right IP address matching it’s acyual IP address on the network.

The first case where Homey does not receive device updates is usually caused by either Homey not being on the same (V)LAN or a misconfigured network which is blocking the websocket broadcasts. You should look into this.

If you know how to run an app from the command line I could create a debug version of the app that might give more information on what is actually going on.

(and thank you for the donation, much appreactiated! :pray: )

[EDIT] I looked into this and it seems Yeelight has made some changes to the API which indeed results in some capabilities not being updated when controlled outside Homey. I’ll fix it with a future release.

@Phuturist Thanks for the prompt feedback - looking forward to new release, will try running the debug version if needed then.

In the meanwhile I checked the IPs assignment and it seems OK (fixed IPs match what I see in devices info in the developer). Homey is on the same VLAN with the lights, other multicast-based services seem to work OK for me in my current LAN setup.

v3.0.6 - 2021-04-26

• Fix some capabilities not updating when controlled from outside of Homey.
1 Like

@Phuturist Wow, that was fast! My yeelink.light.ceiling1 lights work great now, yeelink.light.ceiling4 and yeelink.light.ceiling10 light change state correctly when turned ON from outside of Homey, but do not change state to OFF in Homey when switched off from outside…

v3.0.7 - 2021-04-27

• Fix some capabilities not updating when controlled from outside of Homey.
  • Added icon for the GU10 (needs repairing)

@Phuturist Thanks a bunch for your great support, Jelger! Everything works for me now! One happy bunny here :slight_smile:

Good to hear, and once again thanx for the donation … :pray:

I have a small issue with the new GU10 lights that I have, when I turn them to a color (lets say blue) everything works fine, I can now change them to any other color, lets say red. What I can’t do is change them to “white” (the other selector in the color selection in the homey app). This does work for my other (non GU10) Yeelight lamps, is there any reason why this is not working? (in the yeelight app I can change them back and all is working fine there).

Have done the obvious, restart app, and deleted and created a new device to test if that would solve it

Hi !
Something strange since the recent release. My flows that set Yeelight brightness to 0% does not work anymore. Brightness value now needs to be a figure between 1% and 100%. Any reason why 0% is not interpreted properly ?

Not sure why. Could you try and set it to 0 and send a diagnostic report afterwards from the app settings.

Hi Phuturist, you should hav received the diag report.

I noticed 2 JSON errors in the diag :

[Device:aff2e318-2e61-4668-8c38-06cfac02c24f] Unable to process message because of error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token { in JSON at position 24

[Device:aff2e318-2e61-4668-8c38-06cfac02c24f] Unable to process message because of error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token { in JSON at position 42

Hope it can help
orionis

v3.0.8 - 2021-04-28

• Fix some minor issues and some code improvements.

@Orionis , @Chris_nl could you check if this resolves the previously mentioned issues.

1 Like

Works perfectly now! Thanks for your very quick solution!