[APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer]

Sure. Same result:

─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
2019-11-29 20:57:09 [log] [YeelightApp] Initializing Yeelight app …
discovered and saved new devices
{}
Raw results after discovery
{}

See on https://pastebin.com/3L5Lxedk , it’s little bit longer

Are you sure you have the latest debug version. Looking at the output from @Sharkys it is what I expected. Your output suggests no lights where discovered at all which would indicate network issues if the lights where powered on.

Thanx, this all looks pretty good. Did you still not see any results in the pair wizard? I’ll check it in further detail later this weekend. Need to get some sleep.

Maybe I ran the wrong version the last time… I downloaded the app again from GitHub and the output looks more correct now. Still getting the “No new devices have been found” message when trying to add the Yeelight, but the log lines are pasted below.

─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
2019-11-29 22:58:30 [log] [YeelightApp] Initializing Yeelight app …
processing id: 0x0000000007d13b3e with message type discover where id in new_devices is false and where id in added_devices is false
new device discovered and temporary saved
Device ID: 0x0000000007d13b3e
Device IP: 192.168.2.167
processing id: 0x0000000007d13b3e with message type discover where id in new_devices is true and where id in added_devices is false
new device discovered and not temporary saved
Device ID: 0x0000000007d13b3e
Device IP: 192.168.2.167
Already in new devices: true
Already in added devices: false
discovered and saved new devices
{ ‘0x0000000007d13b3e’:
{ id: ‘0x0000000007d13b3e’,
address: ‘192.168.2.167’,
port: 55443,
model: ‘color’,
onoff: true,
dim: 70,
mode: 1,
temperature: 5750,
rgb: 16777215,
hue: 0,
saturation: 0,
connected: false } }
Raw results after discovery
{ ‘0x0000000007d13b3e’:
{ id: ‘0x0000000007d13b3e’,
address: ‘192.168.2.167’,
port: 55443,
model: ‘color’,
onoff: true,
dim: 70,
mode: 1,
temperature: 5750,
rgb: 16777215,
hue: 0,
saturation: 0,
connected: false } }

Yep, still no new devices. No hurry, enjoy weekend !

Thanx guys, I think I nailed it. Could you test the master branch.

Hi. Unfortunately, I have the same issue with the newest master branch at my end…

Same here, unfortunately. Still “No new devices have been found” with the newest master branch…

Ok, the cause of the issue where Yeelights are not discovered had been found. It appears to be a bug in Homey core where certain device ID’s are not handled correctly. I’ll report it with Athom and I’ll see if I can come up with some sort of a fix.

1 Like

Jelger, does it mean please that if I delete Yeelights under Xiaomi, then with Yeelights it will work? Not sure if you recall how I had to repair LED Strip lights via “restore”, as even when deleted LED Stripe,it anyway said “No new device…”

No, wait until I have implemented a solution or Athom fixed this bug.

2 Likes

My initial no on this might be wrong. When I tested this I was able to add my own Yeelight under both apps so I concluded that it’s possible to add a device with the same device ID under different apps. But perhaps my Yeelight ID changed over time or was registered with a different ID. Would you be willing to test it by removing one of your devices under the Xiaomi Mi Home app and see if it gets discovered by the GitHub master branch version.

1 Like

Interesting, now all lights have been found in parallel to those loaded with Xiaomi APP with Master branch on GitHUB (not with version 1.0.2 on app store, so congrats of finding workaround / fix :slight_smile: )

… BUT - I removed by Yeelights LED stripe and still when searching for it, I’m getting - No new devices has been found (it was longer time offline before removal). Could there be anything specific to the LED Stripe ?
Please note it is online and controllable with Yeelight app and YES, LAN mode is enabled, same as static IP address.

What is interesting, that previously LED Stripe did not appear even on DEBUG scan output : https://pastebin.com/3L5Lxedk

If it’s not discovered here than it did not send a discovery message when searching for lights. Perhaps toggle the LAN mode to make sure it’s discoverable. When the light does not send a discovery message there is not much I can do.

What is odd, last time I tried even resetting the strip, didn’t work either. Also LAN toggle on off tried alread before I wrote here :frowning: Will be elaborating more, thank you

For what it’s worth, when I removed my devices from the old app the Yeelight app found them the first time!!

Thanx to everyone who helped troubleshoot the pairing issues. I have made some improvements to to pairing process and published version 1.0.3 to the app store which is now pending approval.

Biggest learning however is that devices can not be paired when they have the same device ID even when paired in a different app. Thisis a bug in Homey core and has been reported and will be fixed in the next firware release of Homey. What it means is that you will have to remove your Yeelights from the Xiaomi Mi Home app before being able to pair them in this new Yeelights app on any firmware equal or lower than 3.1.1.

1 Like

Another reset of LED strips and all is working fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also removed the last undiscovered Yeelight from the Xiaomi app. That also solved the problem in the new app. Thanx to Jelger for troubleshooting this problem!

Ups, so LED stripe in Homey did work only till next day - again it’s unreachable while original app can control it fine :frowning:
Is anyone experiencing the same?

Update - powering led stripe off/on (so that uptime gets to 0 minutes) resolved it again. It looks like some firmware issue to me