Homey Community Forum

[APP] YouLess and Enelogic Belgian and Dutch Smart Meter Reader

The LS110/120E driver works with the PV firmware, but it only provides very basic info to Homey.

Is it possible to make the “Energy Total” date dependent? This is very handy so that you can see what your usage is within a year (following your energy contract). Now I can only see that i have used -430.696KWh since the meter is installed.

In Insights you can always go back to the date when your contract starts, but you have to manually substract the totals.

The enelogic.com website however provides much more insights, including wether your energy usage is on par with your contract and with similar users.

Third option is to use the ‘power by the hour’ app, but that only totalizes the usage per hour/day/month. https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.gruijter.powerhour/Power-by-the-Hour/

Installation of the Youless LS120 to a Smart meter P1 & Water meter S0.

Today I installed the Youless LS120 and linked it to my new smart meter.
The LS120 has the possibility to use the P1 and S0 port at the same time.
In order to get the correct reading device I used the the follow link to select one:

[Water Meter Sensor Selection]

The installation of the puls sensor was very simple. Mount the yellow wire to the S0 + and the Black wire to the S0 - of the LS120.

When you connect the LS120 to you network and access it via the IP adders, do not change the settings for P0 (imp./kWh). In the Youless portal the number are correct but not the units. In Homey it has the correct unit: M3 for water.
Next was the installation of the app in Homey. I used “Enelogic and Youless” for this. Thanks @Gruijter for this nice app. :ok_hand:t2:
I selected first as device LS120 P1. After this device driver was installed the data was visual in Homey.
Last thing I needed to do was to add the water meter to Homey. I made a mistake by selecting LS110/120W because I thought this was the device to measure the water. After installation no data was available in Homey but I saw data coming in on the LS120. In a split second it was clear to me that I selected the wrong device driver. The right one is: LS120 S0. After the installation of this device (select: water) the installation was complete and the water meter was added to Homey.

Homey Insights is not really user friendly to show data or slice and dice data. I hope in future updates this will change. For now I am happy to have a better overview and more insights on my water, gas and electricity consumption.
My solar panels are also linked to Homey and in Energy section of the App the current power produced is visible and also the total net Power. This view I like to see on sunny days. :blush::sunny:

Youless Elektra

1 Like

Very nice tutorial Rob!

Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

I made a smal update and added the Youless installation to it.
Do you think the Youless portal (firmware) will be updated for the S0 part so we will be able to select different units for S0?:
S0 Meter :m3
S0 Power: l/min.

I have been in close contact to youless about this topic. But they do not intend to support water/m3/liter straight from the firmware. But for the Homey app it doesnt really matter what unit the firmware is using.

I never used the Youless portal, only the Homey app Enelogic and Youless. It’s ok for me. :slight_smile: