[APP][PRO] YouLess, Enelogic, PVOutput - Belgian and Dutch P1 Smart Meter Reader

Super news for PVOutput firmware users. Based on the info from @Torch1969 I contacted youless on the raw P1 information in the LS120.

It appears this raw data is indeed available. Downside is that the information is only intended for debugging purposes. This means that the raw P1 data is very slow (it can take up to 20 seconds to get it), that while retrieving the data the LS120 stops doing everything else (no S0, power, gas updates etc), and the data is more often corrupt than complete.

On the upside I got informed by Youless that the new PVOutput firmware 1.4.4 will get the same data interface as the Enelogic firmware. :partying_face:

That means that if you have a LS120 with PVoutput (-PO) firmware installed, you will now be able to fully use my Homey Youless app.

The firmware is still in beta testing, but if you want to try it out now here is the download link:

http://www.youless.nl/tl_files/downloads/youless-firmware-1.4.4-POb2.exe

3 Likes

I can confirm that it works. :grinning:

I’ve seen similar slow decrease in graphs. My assumpion was that the Youless firmware is interpolating/extrapolating/averaging to convert water pulse frequency to water flow level. Every pulse represents the same amount of water. Fast pulses mean high water flow, slow pulses mean low water flow. If the firmware does nothing, you’d get pulses in the graph instead of a higher or lower graph.

So my guess is that it does something like this:

When the tap is opened, the fist pulse represents the first water intake, but there’s now way of telling if the water flowed fast or slow. It needs the next pulse for that, but that may take some time. It probably assumes slow (delaying the graph a bit) until the next pulse comes and it can get a sense of the speed the water is flowing from the tap.

So, when the tap is fully open for a while, the firmware is seeing high flow and correctly expecting pulses to come in at the same rate. When you suddenly close the tap, the pulses aren’t coming in as expected. So it lowers the expectation for the next pulse, slowly dropping the graph. In the end the total amount will be fine (because it underestimated the start and overestimated at the end).

To put it another way (wish I thought of that first :slight_smile: ) It is spreading the pulses over time, based on the frequency of the pulses. At the end the freqency is hard to guess, because you never now if the next pulse will come or not.

1 Like

New version 3.2.0 is pending approval in the app store.

• Fix discovery timeout.
  • S0 Energy settings solar/cumulative usability improvement.
  • Add solar/cumulative option to LS110/120 E.
  • youless@2.3.1.

Available now as test version: https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.enelogic/test/

1 Like

I have a question. I can’t find it here or I do not use the right search words.

I use the LS120 for measurement of the production of the solar panels. Now I want to reset the value of the total production every day to 0. I don’t want to see the total of all production, but I want to see the production of the day (so far).
Can I use a flow? A reset of the device doesn’t set it to 0, already tried that. I can take the total value with a flow, put I can’t set a (new) total value to it with a flow.
Please help.

The youless does not reset the meter every day to 0. But if you want to know how much your solar panels produced on a day, in a month or in a year, use this app that I created for that purpose: [APP] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

1 Like

Hmmm. Thank you, but I want the production now and counting. Just like the total now.

Im not sure what you mean then. Power by the hour is giving you the counting production of ‘this day’. So it starts at 0 at midnight, and counts up in realtime during the day.

I can confirm that the app @Gruijter is suggesting is the one you need. Counts production of day, month and year.

The LS-120 PVoutput firmware with the same data interface as the Enelogic firmware (so working with the homey youless app) is out of beta. Read the (dutch) blog here. Download the flash utility with firmware 1.4.4-PO here.

Sorry, but it’s not the app I’m looking for. I don’t want a calculation, I want to see the actual total production at this moment of this day. Not the total production of a day.
If I just know how to set the total production value of S0 every to zero or reset. That should do it.

Hi Bram,

can you share a screendump of what you think is not correct?

I still do not understand what it is you need:

a) The actual power that is produced by the panels. This is measured in Watt and is included in the S0 driver from the Youless app.

b) The total energy the panels produced since the metering started. This is measured in kWh and is included in the S0 driver from the Youless app.

c) The total energy the panel produced today at any moment of the day. This is measured in kWh and is included in the Power By The Hour app.

@Bram_Verbong
Example of a&b (youless app)
Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 15.05.34
Example of c (power by the hour app)
Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 15.07.00
The value of 4.459 is my solar panel production of this day until this moment. I think that is the value you’re looking for…

1 Like

@Bram_Verbong the value of 2,16kW is the power at 14:55. The value of 4.6kW is the “actual” power of that moment (time 15:04). The graph is updated every 5 minutes and is showing the power of that moment ((14:55 in your screen) and only updated if you leave the screen and go back again). So it is not a different measurement (“day production”), but the same measurement (“power”) of some minutes ago.

Production in my opinion is the energy produced, in kWh.

1 Like

If you want to reset the S0 meter on the youless, you can make a flow that runs every day at 0:00 with this URL:

and of course set c=0.

Source

You are right.
Sorry, ignore my previous post. Totally incorrect. Sorry for that. I made too fast conclusions.

1 Like

Yes. That’s all I needed. Thank you!

1 Like

I have a heatpump with 1 fase outside unit, 3 fase inside unit and a P1 energy meter. I would like to measure power consumption, so youless i.c.w. this app seems like a (the) way to go.

What does this mean exactly?

P1 Energy and Gas meter

With the P1 connection on the LS120 or Enelogic you get the following extra’s:

• All individual power meters (kWh, 10s updates)

What individual power meters does the p1 meter have? I’m not really familiar with P1 meters (or any other)

P1 is an interface for Dutch and Belgian smart meters. It looks like a phone jack. It provides near real time data for gas and electricity. The ‘individual’ power meters are: consumed energy peak, consumed energy off-peak, produced energy peak, produced energy off-peak.

Besides P1 the youless has an additional S0 input and an optical input. The S0 and optical input can be used for power or water (or basically anything that is measured in pulses) in the Homey app.

1 Like

Thanx, sounds good. So to measure my heatpump (1 + 3fase) I need two railmeters and one youless? Or two youless?