[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Damn, I hate these type of (my own) errors…

I’ve fixed the issue in version 0.7.1, which can be installed through the app store using the following link: https://homey.app/a/com.xiaomi-mi/test/

@Orjan_Solbakken Can you confirm that the issue has indeed been solved?
Note: I don’t expect Athom to approve 0.7.1 still this year…

1 Like

Work like a charm! Thanks for the update! You’re awsome!!

1 Like

Cool!! Have some here, waiting to be able to use them :innocent:

Hi Jan, Thank you for the input.
No I don’t any motors yet, Iam still looking into what options there is :slightly_smiling_face:

@TedTolboom

Migrated my first B1 to Homey, works like a charm! Very happy with this. Thanks so much for your dedication to get them implemented.

Now hoping for Homey to rewrite the Zigbee implementation this year, so that the smoke detectors can be integrated also.

I just donated €10 for the roller shutter development.

Thanks to @Tomas_Woren and @Homey_Lampje (although mentioning for B1 work), thanks for both contributions, there is only 15 euro left…

Who is making me order the Aqara rolling shutter today?

1 Like

I have a problem with Release Homey v3.2.1-rc.5 and App Version 0.7.1.

Homey reboot with App enables ends up in no zigbee network available. Zigbee doesn’t start up during booting and causes Homey to slow reactions.
With App disables, Homey’s reactions a good again, Zigbee is up and running.
–> Enabling the App, Zigbee stays up and running, but all Xiaomi devices are marked in red.

Tried this a few times right now, my Homey shows always the same behavior.

I had the same
I did a PtP
After restart there where no devices, flows and apps at all on Homey.
After about 10 minutes everything was back and running.
The red triangles of zigbee where disapeared

I have purchased a couple of Aqara vibration sensors (DJT11LM). I’m having troubles connecting these devices. In the Homey app I go to the add device menu and select the Aqara Vibration Sensor. A message appears saying hold the reset button for more than 5 seconds till the blue led is flashing three times. When I press the reset button on my device, the blue led only flashes two times and further nothing happens. After some time the app times out and reports that it took too long to add the device.
I have Homey version 3.2.0
How can I install the vibration device?

Don’t you have tot keep pushing the connect button every 2 seconds or so while connecting?
If you don’t, you’ll get the time out…

When I press the reset button multiple times (after the led stops flashing), then occasionally the app says that it is busy installing the device. But after a while it times out as well and fails to install.

It looks like it is already connected, it should only flash once if you press the button. Be sure it is not connected to Homey, check the Developers page for Zigbee.
If it isn’t, reset the device to factory manually by pressing the button for more than 10 seconds.Then press the button once and check it only flashes once. Then try to add it to Homey again.

Hi Ted,

Firstly, would like to thank you for the constant update to support aqara products :wink:

Not sure if this is a bug, but the two gang wall switch, switch 2 ON OFF is not able to start a flow when activated manually in homey. The success rate might be 5% after numerous activation.

The switch 1 have no issue activating a flow.

Also hope the Zigbee can be rewrite soon.

Thank you

Regards

Simon

Hello Peter,

I have ten devices all fresh out of the box. All of them show the same behaviour. The devices were not previously connected to the Homey. When I press the button, first the blue led stays on for.a longer time and then it flashes twice. When I release the button after more than 10 seconds and press it again, it will flash once. Whatever I try, I’m unable to connect the device(s) to Homey.

Just 2 b sure: You tried to add one after the 10 sec push by starting the inclusion on Homey and pressing the button every 2 seconds?

Yes. Sometimes it happens that Homey reports it is busy adding the device. But after a very long time it time outs and it isn’t able to add the device.

Last week I also had issues to add a Magic Cube.
It needed more than 1hour and for sure minimum 100 tries!!

I assumed you already did a PtP, but did you?

Time for some Q&A:

@MarcoGr let’s see if we can find the culprit… with support of info from the following topic

• When starting the inclusion, you select the Aqara app and then the vibration sensor and will see the specific inclusion instructions for this sensor; right? For me it is unclear if you have seen the next screen “adding device”, indicating that there has been communication between the sensor and Homey, or only saw the “time out” screen, indicating that no communication existed between both of them?

In general:

• Do you have any other Zigbee devices connected to Homey and do the work correctly (not showing red triangles / spinning circles)?
    • It might be that the Zigbee chip of Homey has not initialized properly; which can be checked by going to the developers page: Homey Developer Tools and checking if the other Zigbee devices are shown
  • If you have more Zigbee devices that are connected to Homey (that are working), how many are routers and how many endpoints does the network consist of?
    • The Zigbee network (PAN) can be full if more then 20 endpoints exist per (active) router. Unfortunately Homey does not report this back during inclusion. The inclusion window will time out, without active error message back.

Thanks!

So when controlling the second switch from the Homey UI, the trigger flowcard does not trigger a flow? That could be a bug… the flow card trigger is only triggered when receiving an update from the device (with changed state); not directly when the state is changed by the UI.

BUT the device will report the new state a few seconds afterwards; doesn’t it?

1 Like