[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I will, thanks!

Must keep you going… :sweat_smile:

Well, if everyone keeps up to their promises, I will become rich one day :blush:

4 Likes

I hope so! I’ve done it already twice (December 2019 & July 2020) so you know I’ll keep my promise :grinning:

Hi Ted,
thanks very much for your wonderful work. My Xiaomi Light Sensors work very well now. But can you please include this Temp and Humidity Sensor with a display?! Thanks in advance!

image|426x500

It says Zigbee Tuya in the picture that you have attached? Not the same as Xiaomi or Aqara.

Is that Xiaomi/Aqara? Looks like those Tuya devices. Tuya Zigbee App

That is not the Aqara lcd temperature sensor.
That is the ”generic zigbee sensor” branded Blitzwolf and others alike.
The MI/Aqara LCD Sensor family is bluetooth only for now.

xiaomi-mijia-bluetooth-temperature-humidity-monitor-sensor-white-1574132237429.w500

Ok, thanks for that. I thought it is Xiaomi…
Could it be, that the Tuya App is not working on v5.xx? I can’t install that sensor.

Mit nettem Gruss
Rüdiger

Yes, there is support, but you need to install the beta version. https://homey.app/sv-se/app/com.tuya.zigbee/Tuya-Zigbee/test

Back on topic now

To keep you guys a bit more on topic…

Version 1.1.3 is released to the app store’s test environment.

What’s new in v1.1.3
Add battery capabilities for remaining devices and add gas- and smoke-density capabilities for the detectors

All battery powered devices, also the ‘old’ Xiaomi, should now show the battery-alarm and battery percentage. Do note that some devices, like the Xiaomi Occupancy sensor, only report once a day.

4 Likes

Nice work Ted. But what do mean with old Xiaomi devices? Will this door sensor show battery percentage?
nedladdning

Does it have a battery? :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, they does for me - nice work @TedTolboom ! I thought it’s not possible :slight_smile:

Re smoke density, I can confirm new section appeared for 3 out of 4 sensors, for some reason it didn’t show up for 4th - https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/226#issuecomment-706688496 - seems I can’t reopen issue myself, however it could be possibly Homey bug…?

bef20cf7-e275-403c-a356-f76afc3b599d

Haha, yes, last time I checked they had batteries. I was just surprised that these old devices was supported also in terms of showing battery percentage

1 Like

Well, the new Zigbee implementation in SDK3 is quite flexible… so things that were not possible before, can now be implemented.

The only question (for me) is to reverse engineer the data that is being send by these devices; since Xiaomi (in particular) does not follow the standard Zigbee specifications…

5 Likes

Well, we don’t want this to be too easy for you. :wink:

Hi Ted, just one question. Today, after automatic app update, aqara motion sensor triggered alarm 15 minuted after update. Also other devices reported battery status update etc shortly aftet. Is there any way how to avoid this in future? E.g. turn off app auto update?

Not sure what the problem is that you are describing… but yes, you can disable auto update on the app: Settings > Apps > Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbee > Settings > disable “Update automatically”

Still having huge issues with Aquara ZigBee devices and the Homey ZigBee network.

I did the following:

• a full reset of Homey
  • a full reset of the ZigBee network
  • then added routers + end devices.

Right after adding the devices all aqara sensors work correctly (tested).
After 1 hour: 7 out of 28 devices stop responding.
After 10 hours: only 4 of 28 devices still function.

<<< Frustration level is rising >>>
I’m happy to accept any suggestions / tips / hints. Thanks a lot!

All details available here: