Here’s how I did with mine (I also am on the Homey experimental 5):
Hold = long press, like several seconds, more than 1 at least
Pinch = short press, like you press on your keys when you type
- Take the sensor close to Homey (1 meter range will suffice)
- In one hand I have the sensor, in the other, my iPhone with Homey app open
- My iPhone hand is more than 1m away from Homey and is not in between Homey and the Aqara sensor … you can laugh but …
- in the App, add device, Aqara … , Water Sensor and after you hit the green “continue” button, wait for the “drawing/explanation to appear”
- Hold the sensor top pressed for 5s or so, until the blue led quickly blinks 3…4 times but no more than 6s
- After you let go, start pinching the sensor, every 1…2 seconds or so, until the phone inclusion animation finishes.
Xiaomi makes this sensor and is branded MI or Aqara … it behaves different, there is another app called Xiaomi Mi Home which you can install on your Homey and try with that … if you think you got some “special edition” kind of Xiaomi water sensor.
Reset the sensor … wait for 5m … try again.
Get some holy water and splash that little bastard, the chinese spirits within should now be gone.