[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I am having some trouble with 2 Aqara temparature sensors (the square ones).
First one of the “froze”/ Values did not change anymore. I haven’t had that since I upgraded to v5 (am on rc57 now) several months ago. Normally taking out and re-installing the battery solved the problem.
But now it doesn’t anymore.

After I took out the battery of another similar Aqara temperature sensor this one gives the same problem. Last values are shown, but do not change anymore.
Deleted these 2 sensors from Homey and tried to re-install, but cannot get the connected anymore. Homey doesn’t find them

I have enough Zigbee routers, (several Ikea bulbs and plugs). Tried a PtP but no luck.
Ik use the latest Aqara App version and this all happened while on v5 RC57.

Anyone else having difficulties?
Tips on what I might try to solve this, without resetting the whole Zigbee network?
Do you all think restoring a backup from before the problems, of downloading full software would help?

Might not be exactly the same, but still sounds somewhat similar:

Did you manage to resolve the problems, @JeeHaa?
RC58 is out now. Perhapsthe problem were corrrected in that release?

Unfortunately RC58 did not show any obvious improvement so far (too early for a definitive conclusion). I did get a response from support: they told me I may have too many zigbee devices that generate too much zigbee traffic, pushing the zigbee chip to its limit.

I have about 50 devices: 10 Aqara bulbs, 14 Aqara motion sensors, 15 Aqara temp/door/vibration/light sensors and 9 Tuya Smart Plugs. They suggested I might try to decrease sensor update frequencies, but I don’t think that’s even possible for end users.

It doesn’t sound like a crazy amount of devices to me, but it does look like I’m stuck. I’m not even sure if upgrading to Homey Pro would help, if I should setup a separate zigbee network on a Conbee/Deconz/Pi4 and use the Deconz App to link it to Homey, or just sell Homey and switch to HA completely… :frowning:

Have you tried changing batteries?
That was the solution for me.
Sounds stupid as they showed more than half full. And when I measured them they were about 2.8V. For a 3V battery that doesn’t seem too bad.
But still, after changing batteries the sensors worked again…

Doesn’t sound too likely, most sensors are new (<2 months old), and they mostly show >97%, except for the ones outside and in the freezer. :slight_smile:
Also the issues seem to be completely random, not related to specific devices or locations in the house. Although it’s always related to Motion sensors + Activity and Lights On/Off, but that’s obviously the main automation purpose, and the one that stands out the most when it doesn’t work…

[Update] Athom support identified the Tuya Smart plugs as the ones that are extremely chatty on the zigbee network and may overload the zigbee chip. System CPU and Memory look normal. I just ordered a Conbee2 stick and installed deCONZ on my Synology, let’s see if I can move the zigbee devices there, it should support more devices from what I read.

It didn’t seem likely for me too, but it solved my problem easily. Don’t say it will work for you too, but there’s no harm in trying… :slight_smile:

You can ignore it because it seems unlikely. But you won’t be the first that will likely find out it was the cause after all… Part of troubleshooting is to first rule out the easy to fix probable causes…

Hello, i use the aqara door sensor Mccgq11LM board (hack) behind my wall switch to turn on/off lights. But i lack the trigger function “the contact alarm changed”. Now i can turn my lights on with the switch off with my phone, and then the switch is still in “on” position, so i have to physicaly toggle this to “off” and “on” again. For now this is not a problem, but when i implement this to a room with 2/3 switches this wil be. is this an option for an update? Or can this maybe be scripted?

kind regards,
Yov

You have few options:

1. use momentary switch instead of toggle one and you will toggle ON/OFF target device based on contact ON commnad.
  2. create virtual device changing status based on door sensor status (2 flows will be needed) and based on that virtual device, trigger other flows.

Hello Igy,
Thank you ! a virtual switch is perfect for this! i can use this to ad just 2 more flow’s (off/on) and ad as much inputs as i want for the room with 3 switches) then i just change the flow and add extra ‘if’ light is off then … and ‘if’ light is on then…

FYI, temperature/Humidity Sensor (WSDCGQ01LM) lost connectivity with 67% of battery…I was not able to pair it again at all (even LED was blinking etc. - nothing indicated problem with battery). As last attempt I replaced battery with another CR2032 - the old one had 2.9V (in case of nominal 3V that should be ok, but I didn’t replace the battery for more then 1 year…) … so just when you will be handling any issues with your ZigBees, check battery as first ;-(

Hi,
trying to get an Aqara wireless smart switch connected through this App. Continuously facing the issue that it doesn’t recognize it and marks it as “Onbekend Zigbee apparaat”. I’ve gone through this thread, but couldn’t find a potential solution. This one is a WXKG06LM. Any ideas?

Did you use the forum to for example search on the text: WXKG06LM

Took me 5 seconds. But anyway it is supported with the aqara app with V5 experimental. When you are on v4, you will have to wait till V5 is available or go experimental.

Thanks, I guess I made a typo in the search function. Now found it myself too!

Anyways, thanks for your response and your search training :wink:

1 Like

Hi Ted

Will the aqara roller shutter be incorporated in to the app. How long will it take before it is in the app?

Kin regards Sander

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/catregories:
https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

Or here:
Nederlands (Dutch),
Dansk (Danish),
Deutsch (German),
Svenska (Swedish) ,
Français (French),
Polskie (Polish),
Fiński (Finnish)

1 Like

Hopefully someone can help me with my issue.

I was trying to pair a motion sensor to homey but I thought it failed. After a while I noticed that homey added the motion sensor but it was unreachable and not known to the network. Ofcourse illustrated with the red explanation mark so I wanted to remove this unknown sensor.

Unfortunately I could not remove this sensor and did get a error with the following text : status.invalid_ieeeaddr

I already restarted homey through the app and did a PTP. Via the developer page, no zigbee device which is unknown but I can see the sensor at the devices tab on developer. Unfortunately no possibility to remove this type of sensor through developer.

Does someone have an idea?

Maybe try to disable the app and try to remove the device. Enable the app afterwards.

Thanks for answering but already tried that. Got a error: couldn’t find driver.

I already did a PTP but plugged it in after a few seconds. Tomorrow I’m gonna do a PTP and leave homey without power for at least 10minutes.