[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Going a bit off topic here:
I’m looking for a more traditional solution to improve the WAF and to make sure guests can use it without hassle while still having smart functionalities. The best solution that I currently found was the wireless zigbee dimmer of Robbshop . But I was hoping to find a more budget friendly solution from Xiaomi or Tuya. Especially since this is just a rebrand of a sunricher device

Hello, I update my homey but my aqara double rocker (L version, without neutral) doesn’t work anymore… It’s connected but no more action. I reset the zigbee network but unfortunately, it doesn’t work… The switch work with my aqara hub on Xiaomi home…

Have you the same issue with a double switch?

Thx :blush:

I have the probleem with my Opple switches. Flows around it don’t work anymore. In Homey 4.2.0 it didn’t work well either. A flick of the switch turned on all Zigbee lamps. But now it doesn’t do anything anymore.

@TedTolboom I know you’re busy, but I can send you an Opple to play around when it suits you? You can keep it then :wink: Send me a PM if you’re interested.

Don’t know about the coupling with Homey since I’m using deConz for my zigbee stack. But I ran into similar problems. After coupling it seems the Opple switches don’t provide all zigbee clusters and get coupled to all devices. I guess Ted did something to hinder this behavior. What you could try to do is remove the device and re-pair and keep pressing the C button after it has been accepted. For deConz what works is pressing the search new device button and put the opple in pairing mode. After it shows the message the button has been found quickly pressing the C button. After that it presents all zigbee clusters and works as expected. Not pressing the C button after it has been found results in the same behavior you are describing.

Not needed; I have the devices.
What is not working anymore and what have you done to resolve it?

Appreciate the support; but don’t start pressing the C-button since it will not resolve the problem. During inclusion a magic packet needs to be set preventing the hostile take over of other devices.
This is not influenced by the C-button at all.

1 Like

Which specific version are you using and was it included during the upgrade to v5 or did you include afterwards?
Can you indicate what is not working? Responding to a flow card or from the app, or updating the status?

Hello, thx for answering.

I use v5.0.2 of homey firmware, 1.2.6 of aqara app firmware.

The aqara double button is recognize by the homey, appears on my devices but no action. When I trigger the button, the aqara button doesn’t work.

I removed the Opple’s and paired them again, that’s what’s working, no problems.
After that I created a flow to test it, like this

When I test the flow it works, but when I press a button on the Opple (tried all of them, tried double-clicking, tried holding) nothing gets triggered. I even added a card for sending me a push to test it, but that also does nothing. I tried other button numbers, I tried cards with double press etc.
The little blue light on the Opple responds to every press, but that’s it. I tried removing and re-adding the Opple many times.
And interviewing it doesn’t work/help also.

In Zigbee overview they appear just fine

I’m out of thoughts :sweat_smile:

I use the round Temperaturen Sensors. Actually the temperature sensors no longer update themselves automatically. 🥲

I have a weird problem regarding ZigBee and aqara devices. I have performed multiple ZigBee resets because not all devices reconnected correctly in homey. As it seems when a ZigBee reset is performed, I’m able to add any and all ZigBee devices in a fixed period of time, also devices far away from homey. After that period of time (30 minutes or so) not a single ZigBee device is able to pair with homey anymore… tried ptp, restarts of homey and the apps. Maybe it’s due to the maximum number of ZigBee nodes (I now have no ZigBee routers, because I had lag with the routers). With version 5.0 it worked. I’m on homey v5.02 and aqara v1.2.6. any ideas? I have about 17 ZigBee devices working.

Add routers. The official limit for directly connected Zigbee devices is 15 according to Athom.

2 Likes

@TedTolboom Is it possible to add a function :slight_smile: @Homey_Lampje made it possible to display the temperature in a tile near the air conditioning (see below) in the daikin app. See community post

I ask this because I prefer to use 1 system and not a custom dashboard. When I look at my.homey.app

I see:

Thanks for the answer and the effort.

1 Like

Whole different story… i tricked the thermostat function for that… do not even look at it Ed :wink:

After I have reset my zigbee I have added my Aqara devices (routers first) and Aqara end devices. I have Homey, 4 routers and 15 end devices. All show up nicely in the developers page and routing is working.

I have tried to add extra end devices (a temperature sensor and a wireless button), but they simply won’t add. I tried to add an extra router (Aqara relay), but that too does not get included. The page with the inclusion instruction is shown, I do what is requested but the page simple ‘hangs’. Not even a time out.

I know people have had difficulties adding extra devices. In my case I would think that 5 devices per router must be enough? Any suggestions?

How many devices are directly connected to Homey. If 4 routers and 11 end devices, then there may be no more space for new devices (depending on how many end devices are connected via the routers).
My recommendation: delete 1-2 sensors that are directly connected to Homey. Then add the router and then the rest of the devices.

I don’t either know how many end devices could be connected to one router. But the mostly amount of end devices connected to a router in mine Zigbee network is 3 (15 router, 15 end devices).

1 Like

No!
Please ask this feature at Athom to implement in the apps SDK. I can’t / won’t add these type of hacks in an top-5 app.

5 Likes

Hi, I have a wall switch D1 (QBKG21LM). It connects without a problem but I can’t control it from the app. It shows on/off but it doens’t actually switch. I can’t find the actual modelnumber in the supported devices-list, is it too new? Homey v 5.0.2 and app 1.2.6.

I had the same problem after a succesfull zigbee reset and adding 5 routers and quite a few devices from Aqara.
At some point no devices would pair anymore.
The solution was to shortly remove the last added router ( an Aqara power plug) from it’s power and after a few seconds put it back again.
Then i was able to pair another Aqara temperature sensor again.
To pair another Aqara door sensor i had to do the same again. Strange but true…

@josserke84
I am using a z-wave remote from Robbshop. And a Zigbee to.
Press I = light on
If light is on, short press I, then increse dimlevel with 6%
If light is on, long press I, light goes to 100%
If light is on, short press O, then decrese dimlevel with 6%
If light is on, long press O , light goes out.
Done this for 4 lamps. Homey didn’t care with all these flows. :grinning:

Thanks for info. I currently also have a setup with buttons (with dimming by using long press), but a turnable button just feels more natural to dim