[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Brief update on WIP.

I’m working on finalizing the support for the Aqara B1 controller.
The contribution of @Paul_van_Grinsven is helping to counteract my limited time available. Much appreciated Paul!.

On the requests for adding support for the three Opple scene controllers (2, 4, and 6 button controller).
I didn’t see much feedback on the support request of @Geurti (except for his own contribution).
In order for me to add support, I will need to order the controllers myself and still need ~ 30 euro to reach the goal to order these new controllers.
@BBL, @Cory, @Homdom (or anyone else) willing to support this activity with a Paypal donation for the Aqara Opple switch?

8 Likes

Just donated 15 euro.

Just sent over €10 - thanks!

I still love this community… :heartbeat:

Thanks for all the contributions received.

The Opple switches will be ordered today and a special Opple release has been made possible by: @Geurti, @Orjan_Solbakken, @Cory, @Homey_Lampje and A. Petrovic

7 Likes

That’s nice news Ted!

And here you have €10 for some beer while working on the opple.
Thanks for your god work👍

@TedTolboom tnx! Just donated € 10 so you can buy more beer :wink:

1 Like

Is there any plans to add support for Aqara Rolling shutter motor?

€20 for required beer or coffee, Ted :slight_smile:

Search the thread for info on this

@Tomas_Woren see my original proposal: Xiaomi / Aqara Smart Home - Zigbee App (v0.6.2)

So far I didn’t see any response on people willing to support the Aqara Rolling shutter motor.
Since it will require an investment of ˜80 euro, adding support will require some additional community contributions.

Since it is X-mas, I’ll use @Axel’s coffee / beer donation (thanks!) as first contribution (@Gas and @BBL secured sufficient beer for the Opple integration), so 60 euro’s remaining…

Do you happen to have one?
If so, do try the “BREL” app.
I have bought some “DOOYA” motors on Ali, they work perfectly with the “BREL” app.

The actual motors (between Brell / Dooya / Aqara) are the same, but the controllers are different.
Brell / Dooya use 433/866Mhz, while Aqara uses a Zigbee based controller. So I don’t expect (quite sure) that the Aqara roller shades will work based on the Brell app.

True

Hi,

I want to convert 2 aqara bulbs into zigbee repeaters (routers), has anyone tried to connect only the controller power to see if it works? (without conecting PWM1 and PWM2, power management?)If it works it is not a bad idea to put it in the junction boxes with a 220v> 3.3v transformer.

I answer: it works.

I just need to buy the mini transformers.

And routing:

1 Like

Hi,

I’m using Homey with this app, to manage several devices Xiaomi.
My Zigbee network is composed of Xiaomi/Aqara devices only (end devices and routers).

Recently I bought a new Aqara wall switch wireless, and different sensors etc.
But, I can’t add them because the app still waiting inclusion of the device (and sometimes an error appears : “An error has occured” => time out ?).
I’ve tried with several devices, to be sure it isn’t due to the switch …

I restarted the app, Homey, I still have the problem.
I tried a PTP (25 minutes), the same.
So, i deleted an old sensor and tried to reconnect it : impossible too :frowning:

You can find below the screenshot of my Zigbee network.

So, I have questions :

• why all my devices are directly connected to the Homey, and not to the routers ?
  • do you think a zigbee reset can solve my issue ? if I connect routers first maybe ?
  • how can i connect my new devices ? Is this issue known ? Or is due to the limit number of Zigbee devices ?

Thanks a lot !
Regards

PS : sorry for my english

• why all my devices are directly connected to the Homey, and not to the routers ?
    You probably have to wait 10 minutes before the webpage shows the routing of the devices.
  • do you think a zigbee reset can solve my issue ? if I connect routers first maybe ?
    No
  • how can i connect my new devices ? Is this issue known ? Or is due to the limit number of Zigbee devices ?
    Try again, with some devices it helps if you keep pressing the pair button on the device every 3 seconds ( so long press to activate pairing, after pairing starts give the button a short press every 3 seconds until device is included)

In fact, the app doesn’t respond when i do a long press.
I will try again, as if app works correctly.

Thanks for your replies !

I noticed, that even when Aqara switch is marked as a router, it never works like that. I reached Homey zigbee limit and had this Aqara switch installed as one of the first device, but it didn’t route. I wasn’t able to add another zigbee device. Zigbee reset didn’t help. Then I added Ikea plug into system and it solved new device issue. What is interesting, that Aqara switch (router) is being routed over Ikea plug (another router) and then to Homey. But Aqara is not routing anything.