[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Sorry, I’m not clear. I meant the ip adewas from the gateway. Is it the same as the one when you press configure on the app?

Sorry… dont know how i can check the IP of the Gateway

You can check it in your router, it should be the same as in the app (marked green)

I dont use the IKEA Gateway…only the Hue… sorry for not understanding…this is abra kadabra for me…

What… I must be fully mistaken. I somehow thought u had problems with the ikea bridge… Forget all I said. Sorry for wasting your time.

Haha…NP

Installed 5.0.0-RC.47. Works like a charm. Uses also the app from @TedTolboom : Aqara & Xiaomi ZigBee v1.1.4 exp & INNR lighting Devices v2.0.7 exp. from @kasteleman. My zigbee network is covered by 3 SP-120’s

ThX dudes!

1 Like

I’m still not able to add Zigbee items. Is it helpfull to file a bug to Athom (because many already did)?

Homey SW version: Homey v5-RC47
App version: v1.1.4
Zigbee network reset : No
Problem experienced: *
Not able to add any Zigbee items.
Steps taken

• Tried to add Aqara Opple 6 button (waited long after update, PTP, homey restart), no luck
  • Removed battery powerered MI PIR(To add router in mesh, I had 18 battery items no router), removing a zigbee item worked
  • Tried to add Tradfri router(Dimmable transformer), no luck
  • Tried to add Hue router(Hue bulb A60 E27), no luck
  • Tried to add Hue router(Hue Lightstrip Plus), no luck
  • Tried to re-add MI PIR with “Occupancy sensor”, no luck.

Since you didn’t do a Zigbee reset, Athom is likely to suggest that you do.

1 Like

by the way I did a Zigbee reset

But is that a real solution? Can I be sure that it will work after. Because my mesh is workign flawless, only cannot add devices. Would be very annoying as the issue remains after reset and I still cannot add any devices after.

Besides the work for adding 40 zigbee devices again and fixing all flows after that.

I don’t know what you expect us to say. No, you can’t be sure that it will work after a Zigbee reset. However, people that had lots of issues with Zigbee after installing the v5 experimental firmware performed a Zigbee reset and it started working again for them.

Your problem could also be related to just having too many devices directly connected to Homey (to which you already hint: “I had 18 battery items no router”), in which case you still have to do some major Zigbee surgery to get a proper healthy mesh. I would still suggest removing at least 10 end devices to replace them with routers, in which case you’re already half-way through a full reset.

I have “only” 12 directly connected devices, and 19 routers (distributed through the whole house and backyard). Total 37 Zigbee devices at this moment. So this should be OK.

Yes I’m doubting strongly to reset the Zigbee network this weekend, but I’m a bit afraid I cannot add all the devices I have now after and then it would become worse and not better. That’s why my question (and my struggle).

You can also wait until v5 becomes stable and hope that that will solve your problems.

Yeah, that’s also what I’m considering. I keep trying now and then. The devices I would like to add are some nice to haves (temperature sensors and extra motion sensor), so no panic yet

I just want to share you my experience.

That’s for sure no one can assure you that it will all be fine after a reset!

For me i did a reset added all my routers first (8 routers)

And then around 40 end devices.
It’s all working as it supposed to be!

But like said before, no one can assure you of anything :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

If i do a Zigbee reset, wil all the zigbee devices being removed ?

Yes, you will have to add them back to Homey again, and fix any flows that depended on the “old” devices.

I could use the Xiaomi Smart plug (EU) for my new cheap cheap zigbee Smart plug from lIdel, they are named SILVERCREST HG06337. They appear as Unknown zigbe unit but work flawlessly! Its nice to be able to use the plug without the gateway from lidel.

This part is for Xiaomi devices…check out below app to get the right drivers etc (not generic device as you got added now)