[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Same here with 2 xiaomi sensors. Worked like a charm previously. Last firmware and app.

For me it works very stable now using 40 zigbee devices direct on homey. Till now 100% reliable and responsive in FW 5.0.0. I do have a good mesh though with 18 philips hue routers divided over the house. The rest of the devices are all aqara sensors (motion, door/window, temperature and smoke detector).

1 Like

Homey 5.0
Aqara Zigbee 1.2.4
All 12 of pre 5.0 Aqara devices still working fine after the upgrade to 5.0, with only one Aqara Plug acting as a router
Aqara Motion Sensor added very easily
Problem:
Canā€™t add Aqara Opple 6-button switch
Two sets of three-blinks (~15 sec), then the led blinks once each 2 seconds, a longer blink on the 6th, and then the led is dead.
Tried five times already.
Homey PTPā€™d for > 10 mins did not help.
Disconnecting a WiFi mesh node located close to the Homey did not help.
Any ideas short of the Zigbee reset? I mean, I am well below the limit and the additional sensor was added instantlyā€¦
EDIT : Adds nicely to a Conbee II stick on a Raspberry Pi 4

For all the people suffering from issues not being able to connect any Zigbee devices anymore and whom have used the known practices (rebooting / PTP-ing Homey), trying to include near a router iso Homey but are still not able to add their devices with no, or an unknown error code, I will need to forward you to Athom Support for further help. This is already a longer lasting issues that started and was reported to Athom in Oct. 2020, without any follow-up.
See for reference: https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/222

Why canā€™t I further support you with these issues?
Zigbee inclusion is handled by the Zigbee core and therefore all diagnostics logging are not visible for an app developer. Despite repeated questions, Athom is not willing to provide any additional leggings, which is preventing me to further support your questions and problems.

Please note, this is by far not my preferred way of actively supporting my community, but I donā€™t have any other options.

So please contact Athom if you experience these ā€œunable to add new devices to Homey v5, with the Aqara v1.x appā€ issues: Support | Homey

In case your device is added as generic zigbee device, please report them to me.

12 Likes

[

after an automatic update the aqara devices did not work. Can I go back to a previous version to solve this?

@Timothyvisual Did you try a PTP? Turn of the power from Homey for about 12 minutes.

HI Mike,

Yes i did a PTP for 30 minuts. Do i need to be precise on the timing ?

No, you donā€™t have to be precise.
Have you tried another power supply?
With 5V and at least 2 Amps?
The original power supply has cost lots of problems in the past.

I would like to know the sameā€¦

Since the Homey update to V5.0 and update of Aqara app - my temperature/humidity sensors did not work anymore for some reasonā€¦ tried removing them and readding them, but I canā€™t add any Zigbee devices as it seems. After a PTP some (not all) of my PIR-sensors (Aqara) stopped working also. Then tried a backup of before V5.0, but that is impossible, as it still says Homey V5.0 after the restore of the backup.

Iā€™m hoping a Zigbee Reset of the network will help, but Iā€™m afraid of all my Zigbee devices not working again (lightswitches, sensors etc.)

@Kevin010
I think this version is only available in the app for Homey 5.0. So in the version 1.2.4
This is stated in the comments under the app version 0.8.0 "Great app, using a lot of Aqara stuff. Will you add support for the light sensor (Gzcgq01lm)?
Developer: Thanks! The new light sensor is inbound ā€¦ "

If you have already updated to version 5.0 of Homey then you must install this version.

Since then the Aqara motion sensor ā€œleft the networkā€ and I couldnā€™t add an aqara plug so the nuclear Zigbee Reset option seemed sensible.

I am rebuilding the entire network, strategically placing zigbee routers first - so far so good, I find it rather easy - just make sure your router is in-between on the imaginary line connecting your battery-powered Zigbee device and your Homey.

For what itā€™s worth, I noticed how the Zigbee network optimises itself over time - removing extra hops - one router instead of the initial two, etcā€¦

Do you have any routers (Light bulbs, powerplugs) in your Zigbee mesh?
These devices create the base of your mesh together with Homey.

Looks like mine, buttons seem to work mostly 80% of the time, but temperature sensors range from 30 mins to several days between readings.

How is your Zigbee mesh?
Enough powered routers added?

1 Like

Hi , I had the seem issue, but i have made a zigbee reset of the network. So you said all the zigbee devices are gone. Then i go to backup and installed the backup the day before. All the devices are back and then i installed my temperatur sensors and all of them work again.

Ah, this came about a hour to lateā€¦ thanks for the reply though! I just reset my Zigbee Network and added all devices again - now sorting out my Flowsā€¦ Almost there!

So resetting the Zigbee network and run a backup from one day old will put al the zigbee sensors back? without re-adding them?

Hey @TedTolboom .

Athomā€™s reply to my mailā€¦ :unamused:

Ive copied your reply as a screenshot in the mail

In case your device is added as generic zigbee device, please report them to me.

Seems like they are not willing to cooporateā€¦

I resend them a diagnostic report after adding it again as a generic device.

Really hope you can do something about it. :anguished:

:unamused:

That was to be expected.

Which specific device are you trying to add?

Can you share a screenshot of the product IDā€™s when added as generic Zigbee device? App > generic Zigbee device > Settings > Advanced settings?

Is it possible to interview this device when added as generic device developer.Athom.com > tools > Zigbee > generic Zigbee device > interview > copy past the content shown

@TedTolboom

Trying to add Aqara qbkg12lm and qbkg11lm

Product ID lumi.ctrl_ln1.aq1

Removed

Hope it helpsā€¦