[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

+1, after a few days for me a door sensor stops working, a few more sensors like occupancy and temp sensors are offline according to the overview, however they do work.

rebooting the app or homey doesnt fix the door sensor ¯_(ツ)_/¯
i’m also considering to reset the zigbee network

Can you try to add sensor again without removing it ? It will tell you that the device already exists, that’s ok…

I did, but instead of a message that the device already exists, it replaced the previous one. Cause the name is now original again and it’s not part of a zone anymore.
Timeline says the temp sensor left the network:

Battery percentage still unknown, and values are updated, except for the humidity:

Zigbee route still visible, although it changed a bit.
From 0 → 18 → 1 → 3 → 21 to:
21 became 22, cause the temp sensor has been re-added, so it’s now the latest added zigbee device.

Remco,

I’ve the same issue. Not for all Aqara & Xiaomi devices :

and the values are updating correct:

This is really not normal…I would suggest to generate debug Homey Developer and contact Athom…in parallel with generating app. diag. code and create GitHub issue for it (you can also debug it yourself by launching it from CLI, if interested and if you know how), if TED is sill able to follow-up on that Issues · TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee · GitHub.

Btw, this is my status on v5 …and I haven"t performed ZigBee reset…

I will indeed contact Athom and if needed create a github issue for the aqara app.
This is my list of the aqara only devices. Just 1 temp sensor that is misbehaving, concerning battery status.

Please contact Athom for the disappearing sensor; this is occuring on more Homey’s and with different brands of devices.
Does this device depend on the mesh function of a Zigbee router; in particular an older type of Ikea zigbee device?

I will check the battery reporting once more.

3 Likes

I will.

It does rely on a mesh function, cause the temp sensor is all the way in the addict (2nd floor).
When I check the zigbee route then the following devices are used:

1. Philips Hue light (ground floor)
  2. Philips Hue light (ground floor)
  3. Innr SP120 (2nd floor)
  4. Innr SP120 (2nd floor)

So no router is used on the 1st floor (although there is an Innr SP120 available), I will place to be sure a newly bought IKEA Zigbee repeater device on the 1st floor to have a better mesh from ground floor to 2nd floor.

Thanks, Diagnostic report: ba659635-8662-4ca0-b14e-18a0444932ae

2 Likes

Btw, I have one temp. sensor which is constantly “behind” with temperature/humidity reporting (eg. 1 report in 1-2 hours) - no matter what I do (removed from mesh, paired again in different location, changing battery). I gave up with that particular one already… but interesting you have also “only 1”… but still, battery stats get reported.

I have four Aqara (LUMI/lumi.weather) sensors. Running Homey firmware 5.0.0, Aqara app 1.2.5. All those sensors report their measurements correctly and in time. All of them have an unknown (question mark) battery level reported in Homey app and on developer site. @TedTolboom, if you need some info/debugging you can contact me.

How did you get that timeline message if a device left the network? I had the same problem with some zigbee devices but never saw this message.

I got it the moment I added an aqara temperature sensor, that was already added. I expected to see the message that the device already exists. But instead the device left the network and it was re-added immediately. Which shouldn’t happen, so that’s why I have to contact Athom :slight_smile:

If you put a device in pairing mode, doesn’t it first leave the network it’s already on before it starts looking for a new network to join (even if that network is the same as before)? Seems reasonable to me that Homey is saying the device left the network.

Weet iemand hoe je de app Aqara/Zigbee update naar de nieuwste versie? Mijn homey draait al op V5 maar deze app nog op 0.8. Als ik handmatig via de appstore de app wil downloaden krijg ik een foutmelding… ook staan bij de instellingen updates aan. Ik wil de app graag updaten zodat ik de nieuwe schakelaars van Aqara kan toevoegen, type WXKG07LM…

Does anyone know how to update the app Aqara/Zigbee to the newest version? My Homey is on V5 and the Aqara app still on version 0.8… When i download it from the store it says : “incompatible app version”. I want to update the app because I want to use the Aqara wireless switch WXKG07LM…

Should have been automatically installed, if enabled. If not, Install 1.x Aqara app manually from test

Anyone has been seeing inconsistent behavior with the aqara motion sensors where it updates the Lux when walking through but never triggers the motion? Haven’t seen this behavior before.

same here, mainly two of my five in total. Lux is updated but motion is not triggered.

I thought the Lux is only updated when motion is triggered. So the hardware is registering something but not sending the motion signal to Homey

1 Like

Indeed. I’ve PM’ed @TedTolboom on this about a week ago and he asked for diagnostics. In the meantime I wanted to see if it was just me that experiences the behavior. I also was under the impression that lux only updates when motion is triggered but this behavior seems to indicate otherwise. Ted, however, confirmed me that indeed it should only update when motion is triggered. Let’s hope he finds something in the provided logs.

You are correct. Answer from Athom (It’s in Dutch sorry):

Ik vermoed dat de sensor is gereset toen je deze opnieuw hebt toegevoegd.
Hierdoor wordt deze als nieuw apparaat gezien wanneer je deze opnieuw aanbiedt aan je Homey. Aangezien hierdoor ook de verbinding wordt verbroken met het oude device wordt deze dus ook verwijderd. Dit is geen bug en lijkt goed te werken.

Didnt know that. Will look in to it later. i did a reset on Zigbee devices and reconnected all the button’s to homey and again with the flow’s.