[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Wow, great work @TedTolboom! Thanks for adding those devices!
Now waiting for availability (especially the round Aqara plug with power metering)… :frowning:

today I saw some (I think new) aqara switches. But is says zigbee 3.0 is the zigbee rewrite a problem for adding those devices? I would love those, because of the separate on / off side (I have milights and when those are controlles by the milight remote, the homey doesn’t know the state)

With separate on / off button, you just tell the bulb to go off whatever the state is

I’m not tech-y enough to have any valuable input myself, but I did see someone on Tweakers use these switches via Domoticz:

https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/61327900#61327900

https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/61330316#61330316

https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/61335214#61335214

And I found this, regarding Domoticz:

So presumably there’s a way; not sure if there’s something different about Homey preventing it?

1 Like

True, but that is indeed the “one option (1x click)” per button… which I can implement.

What I, so far, can’t implement is the multiple options (1x - 3x click, hold and release) per button… the device shows, before inclusion, to be able to report these states, but after inclusion it doesn’t.

3 Likes

Mostly I figured it meant they’d somehow managed to circumvent the issue where it takes over light bulbs. And it does mention the 3rd and 4th button support hold/release, I thought?

Either way, I’d personally already be delighted with single presses. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Search for Aqara Mijia Switch and it will pop up

Thanks for the replies i will remove my posts to keep this topic about the app and not a shopping place :smiley:

Hi Ted,

Any positive news about the Aqara Opple switch?
Is there anything we can do to help?

Regards,
Caspar

7 posts up!

3 Likes

This would be nice wouldn’t it?
Asuming that on a 3 button oppo switch there are 6 triggers (a on and a off trigger for each button)

If that is the case I’m buying a couple :smiley:

It’s a 6-button switch, not a 3-button switch, so yup, should be all 6.

And yeah, if this can be implemented without the weird pairing with smart bulbs, I’m going to order a couple switches ASAP.

3 click per button would be nice - but 1 click per button would be enough for me. I have the 4 botton and just waiting for the on/off and dimmer buttons. Maybe you could release the 1 click and later For the 3 click solution - if possible.

2 Likes

I’ve just uploaded v0.8.0 to the app store for approval, with below change log:

No, I didn’t succeed in getting a stable Aqara Opple operation included into this release.

27 Likes

@TedTolboom for president! :beers:

1 Like

Loving the light sensor support!

One thing that would be beneficial is to add a configurable blind time (or only accept Lux changes larger than X Lux) in advanced settings. Right now it pushes the Lux every second or so to homey and if one wants to use any “Luminance changed” in a flow it will cause quite the overhead and most likely also a automatic disabling of that flow.

please do implement the one click per button functionality!

if there is an fix for 3click / hold and release than another update is very welcome :smiley:

1 Like

It should only update once every minute (or longer).
Changing the setting in advanced settings requires a timing coordination with waking up the device to prevent that the new reporting configuration times out… very low success rate.

It seems that I have a very special light sensor then (GZCGQ01LM) as it updates every single second. Not something I want to have for any kind of flow tbh, maybe not even in general as I can imagine it takes up valuable resources)

What is the time after inclusion?
For the occupancy sensor, there is also a time of 12 hours where the sensor behaves differently the after that period.

Anyway, I’ll check later today.

Added 10:44 today :). Thanks, keep me posted please.