[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Hello Ted. Don’t want to be pushy, but to you know when the update is coming out. Release or beta? I miss my temperature, humidity and pressure sensor in my flows that doesn’t work.

Also i want to give you a small payment as a appreciation as it is released. But is there another instead of PayPal?

End of August was first ETA from Ted but anyway, if this date will pass, we have to keep waiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same problem with several temp and humidity sensor and motion sensors (unless i’ve several routers (ikeapanels/bulbs/smartplugs).
I bought a gateway (received it just after the experimental update :laughing:, covid-19 slowed down the shippings from china :neutral_face:).
I’ve linked all the temp and humidity sensors and motion sensors which didn’t work directly on homey (no reportings or reportings once day/week/month).
Now they are working perfectly (still got several aqara directly linked to homey).

I’ve read somewhere in a forum a suggestion that the motion sensor (with flux meter) is disturbing the connections. I’ve never found proof. My feeling is, somehow homey don’t like too many (aqara) battery devices (“sticking” to the router where they originally paired with in combination with a much weaker zigbee signal from homey (in relation to the gateway?) is also possible (even though some motion sensors were in the same room as homey but still refused to work properly ). I’m hoping the zigbee update will resolve this issue and makes my gateway useless again :grin:. Like Ted said, one strong Zigbee mesh is much better than multiple parallel networks.

I’m happy to hear, Niek, that this works for you. But my humidity sensor worked flawless before on homey. And i have already a hue zigbee and a homey zigbee. I don’t want to include a third one.

I rather wait for the update.:slightly_smiling_face:

Then why did you update to 5.0?

1 Like

With the old firmware i had trouble with my ikea tradfri powerwall switch. Everytime that homey was restarted it couldn’t find these switches. I needed to disconnect and connect these switches to get controle back of these.

This is improved with fw 5.0

And i know that many more has problems with zigbee that maybe can be improved with the new firmware.

But athom won’t release this update untill every app is compatible with fw5.0.

Hi @Niek1,
what kind of gateway did you buy? And is it connected to homey?
Kind regards
Rüdiger

Of course I fully agree not to buy the gateway at this moment.
I’ve ordered the gateway just because I was giving up the hope there would be a Zigbee rewrite this millennium. Just let’s hope that the update will be official soon. :crossed_fingers:.
I wanted to indicate that the problem might be a zigbee issue which might not be easily fixed with the battery suggestion. I’m hoping the homey update will be the solution.

@Rudiger
A little bit offtopic:
Yes, the gateway is connected to homey (setting up the gateway with xiaomi home app (the app from xiaomi itself so it has nothing to do with homey), connecting aqara products with the xiaomi home app, linking gateway with token to homey, adding the aqara products (which are connected to the hub) with the homey app “Mi home”) Xiaomi Mi Home App for WiFi devices
Please be aware of the many different gateways described in the forum, several are not able to link to homey :sweat_smile:.
My advice is to wait for the official homey update (v5) this might be the solution for the problems. Probably the update will be publiced faster than your gateway will arrive from china :sweat_smile:.

My motion sensors work perfectly, but since there is a hardware based zigbee limitation on homey, I’m also thinking of getting a aqara gateway.

Then I have 2 zigbee networks, hue and aqara.

I know this is a bit offtopic, but do devices paired with the aqara hub also report there batt. status?

Yes, they update their battery status (they appear similar as the direct connected devices only with an slightly different icon…

Correct me if I’m wrong:
The zigbee limitation on homey will be irrelevant after the zigbee update?
The current problem is creating a mesh, that’s why the devices “want” to connect only to homey.
When a mesh is created you can connect more zigbee devices to homey because they are not directly connected to Homey (if you’ve enough routers).

Oh?

You are right, the hw limitation is 20 direct connected devices. If devices get routed, it is likely it is possible to add more through the routers.

@robertklep. You are right. I had to say:" I think that athom will only release the fw5.0 untill every app is compatible to have a stable experience."

But your right. It is a guess.

I think Athom might wait for one or two apps to be updated before they release v5 (mostly because they don’t get to deal with user complaints when an app isn’t compatible, the app developers do).

2 Likes

Hello,

I’ve used the aqara app with no problems at all, love this app because I’ve many products from aqara.

Today I received my wireless double switch. Adding was easy and it works great with the single press etc.
But my switch doesn’t get a battery status. Homey also think it is using power. Is it a familiar problem or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @Arjan-21,

you use it direkt im Homey? Without a zigbee Hub or Gateway? Are you using Homey Version 5.0?
Best regards
Rüdiger

Thank you for your message.
I use the wireless switch directly on homey with te aqara app. Not using hubs at all.

And the Homey Version?

Probably not v5, I guess it shouldnt work at all in that case?!

The homey version is 4.2.0. But there are no updates available. Is there a other way to update to 5. Automatically update is turned on.

The switch is working fine. Only the battery status isn’t. See the picture (the language is Dutch)

It is said: device isn’t able to operate.