[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

You need to turn on Experimental

DON’T turn on Experimental unless you want your Homey to be unable to handle any Aqara Zigbee device. The app hasn’t been updated for v5 yet.

I don’t know how often the device updates battery status, so just give it some time to see if Homey picks up on it.

1 Like

Non my aqara devices are updating there battery status. I’ve got around 15 devices all batt status off 100% after two years. 1 of 2 devices stopped working, so I replaced there battery’s.

I must say… 2 years most of them are stil working fine :smiley:

“Apparaat niet bedienbaar” is correct.
Homey can’t control the device, it’s a button.
In the english app it says:
“No available controls
This device has no available controls to display”

I’m don’t gonna use experiments. The most important for me is to run stable.

But the switch works for me. Hopefully I will get a Battery status update soon.

Thanks for helping!

My hue devices will change the status. The aqara devices are 2 weeks old, so I believe the 100%

@Niek1 thanks, Now I know it’s correct.

just checking, since I want to prevent an update to Homey V5 while the Aqara app might not be compatible and I loose functionality:
When I turn off automatic updates (in settings -> updates -> autm updates on/off) does this also imply the update of Homey itself? Or only the apps?

The automatic updates setting in the app controls updates of stable versions for Homey itself. So it is recommended to have it on. To get the experimental version, which most people should not use, one need to change a setting on the Homey Developer website.

Some reasons to use the gateway can be found here.
I have 3 aqara gateways connected, with a total of 30+ sensors and actors integrated in Homey.

When you order a new version, you will nee to do this if you want to connect it to your Homey.
So, basic soldering and some extra hardware (€15,00) is needed.

Hey guys,

How do I set the temperature update interval for the Temperature/Humidity sensor?

As far as I know, you don’t. Temperature is getting updated frequently

Thank you for your reply. But then how does it determine when it updates? Since I have multiple of these devices and the update interval doesn’t seem the same.

Google is your friend… :stuck_out_tongue:
From the HA community:

So if the humidity or temperature doesn’t change much it won’t report.
I see this on a few sensors that are in places with a pretty stable temp/hum. They sometimes don’t report for hours.

Maybe the advanced setting for reporting with 1 or 2 decimals can be of influence. Never tried because it’s not a problem for me.

1 Like

This is not true, i use a couple of Aquara humidity sensors and those sensors report frequently. Even if the change is 0.01%. I have to say that i use the sensors on a raspberry and Deconz.

It’s an official Xiaomi statement, so either they don’t know how their own devices work or they must be lying…

well. As i stated above. Still cant add my Aquara or xiaomi sensors to the homey.
The vibrations sensor from aqara times out and xiaomi get added as an unknown zigbee device. Have tried restarting homey, the app and reinstalled the app.
Still uses v4.2.
So i guess that this app wont be working for me. thats sad due to me failing in finding any app that can take aqara and xiaomi sensors.

As you can see, there are verry small changes reported from the sensor.

Sorry I really don’t know how to help you…
I dont’t have a light sensor or vibration sensor.
Maybe one thing you probably already know:
While connecting, keep your sensor as close as possible to homey (or homey with remote battery to the sensor ;)). Keep the sensor alive while connecting (clicking the button once in 2 sec).
You’ve probably already tried it, it’s a shot in the dark.

maybe you tried already but recently I had troubles pairing a vibration sensor and a smart plug. after trying just about everything including restarting the app I resolved to pulling the plug PtP for 20 minutes. After that NO issue pairing!!!

PTP!