[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

And you keep pushing the include button every 2 seconds/ And you tried to include close to Homey? And you tried the PTP (see above)?

I think that most Aqara sensors can be configured (using deCONZ) to report when a value changes an X amount and every Y seconds. So something like ā€œwhen the temperature changes 0.5Ā°C or at least every 60 secondsā€.

1 Like

Dont shoot the messengerā€¦ :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

From the website aqara

1. How often does the Temperature and Humidity Sensor upload data?

If the temperature humidity and atmospheric pressure varies a bit only, data will be reported once an hour. If the temperature variation exceeds 0.5ā„ƒ, the humidity variation exceeds 6% and the atmospheric pressure is no less than 25Pa, data will be reported instantly.

1 Like

Then they do not know their own devices :wink: (as mentioned/suggested by Peter)

I am logging temperature data (via a logging app) each five minutes and see changes in the output in the logging within these 5 minute time steps. Logging resolution of the sensors is 0.1 degrees.

1 Like

did manage to add the aqara vibration sensor. but ive tried all of your suggestions and the light sensor does not add as an xiaomi device but as an basic zigbee device. it claims that no compatible homey app has been found for this unit.

Is there already an update from Ted ? :).

2 Likes

Yes, he is still working on it :slight_smile: Right, @TedTolboom ā€¦ I guess no sneak peak, no need for internal testing before releasing it into wild ? :wink:

Is your light sensor supported by the app? What zb_profile_id, zb_device_id, zb_product_id and zb_manufacturer_name can you see for the device in https://developer.athom.com/tools/devices ?

Here are the values.

Property Value
Class socket
Driver homey:manager:vdevice ā€” zigbeebasic
Ready Yes
Available Yes
Warning No
Custom icon No
Settings
Key Value
zb_profile_id ā€œ260ā€
zb_device_id ā€œ262ā€
zb_product_id ā€œlumi.sen_ill.mgl01ā€
zb_manufacturer_name ā€œXIAOMIā€
energy_alwayson false
energy_value_off null
energy_value_on null

It is registred as a socket? why? my vibration sensor is registered as a sensor.

Looking at the source code of version 0.8.0 of this Aqara/Xiaomi app, a device with those ā€œzbā€ parameters doesnā€™t seem to be supported. There is support for device with the same profile, device and prodict IDs, but with the manufacturer name ā€œLUMIā€.

Seems like you have a re-branded device, compared with what the app was original designed for. As far as I can tell, there is a need of an update of the app in order to support your device. (But Iā€™m a bit new to this, so someone else could maybe confirm this conclusion.)

So currently, your device is not using this Aqara/Xiaomi app, but the default Homey Zigbee driver, which seems to be a socket driver.

@Emil_Sjoholm thanks for reporting.
@JonasKarlsson is right, this is the first time that I see that Xiaomi is actually ā€œXIAOMIā€ as manufacturer ID, instead of ā€œLUMIā€.

As a consequence of not finding a match, the device is added as Generic Zigbee device, with only onoff capability.

I will include a fix (adding the ā€œXIAMIā€ name to the manufacturer IDā€™s) in the v5 compatible app I am working onā€¦

20 Likes

ā€¦ Yes, Iā€™m making progress ā€¦
First sensor device drivers have been converted and are being tested as I type:

Re-inclusion based on SDK3 is a huge improvementā€¦ no more keeping the devices awake (so far)ā€¦

First issues have been found as well; devices reporting different product IDā€™s and manufacturer IDā€™s on SDK3 as on SDK2; to be clarified with Athom.

But progress is a bit slower than anticipated.
The required code updates are extensive and I need to constantly check to prevent breaking existing functionality (e.g. the temperature offsets or expert parameters) added over the last years.
That multiplied by 32 driversā€¦

ā€¦ Yes, Iā€™m making progress ā€¦

61 Likes

Great work @TedTolboom!
And thanks for the update.
That and your efforts on the app are highly appreciated!

1 Like

Great to hear! Itā€™s worth the waiting. Have lots of switches and sensors that work with the app.

1 Like

thx Ted

Wow, that is a lot of work! I do hope that many devices follows the same or similar structure or ways of working to make them work.
Anyways, really appreciate the update, it makes it easier for us non-coders to understand the vast effort that you need to put into this. I donā€™t mind if the work is done i November, but I really like these updates, so if it is possible, please continue to update us about the progress.

2 Likes

hello @TedTolboom,

i really appreciate your work and i know that you are very busy at the moment with the implementation of the new zigbee sdk3 for aquara products.

maybe you will find the time to have a look over the steinel app, even some of us have the problem with the freezing of the motion sensors. homeassistant should do the job, so it shouldnā€™t be a hardware failure but a possible customization of the app? see the post by @Osorkon.

if necessary I think some are willing to donate to make it work.

thanks

philipp

May I suggest to give Ted appreciation for all hours?

8 Likes

Yessss.

I see that humi weather sensor is already working. Canā€™t you release this app as a beta, @TedTolboom? :blush: