[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I hope you recognize that is the “devil’s dilemma” you are posing here…

No, I will not release this version (with 4 out of 32 drivers updates) as a beta; not to the app store and also not on Github.
Please keep in mind that at the moment I release any update, I’ll have 10.000 users reminding me of what is not working, even though it is clear it should not work.

I am working as hard as I can to finalize the remaining drivers to a level that I call Beta worthy; tested to a level that I am able to handle the feedback from user testing.

I know I am challenging the community patience here… :frowning:

28 Likes

i understand your dilemma. Just wanted to try if it was possible. But your right. If you release it as beta, more people will ask you for including there aqara sensor, switch, etc… Thanks for answering back. And thanks for working on a update.

Yet you may consider private beta testing to minimize effort later during Betas etc :wink:
On the other side, if someone would be able to do CLI install based on GitHUB source code, I don’t think those of us will bother you with some of the topics raised last few weeks on GitHUB … or even reporting why some device is or is not supported on SDKv3 / v5 Homey FW.

But the decision is yours and indeed it’s kind of dilemma, just want to help.

Don’t know if this is the right time, but will the aqara opple switches be supported in the shine new 5.0 compatible version?

Now I have a 4 zone robshop zigbee wall switch, but I don’t like that one… Would love it if I could use my opple switch

But! first things first :slight_smile: I understand that you first want to support the devices you already support in the ‘old’ version, just curious :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work Ted. I totally understand your point of not releasing to soon. We all appreciate if you can update on the progress and even guess beta launch date if possible. It makes the wait easier.

3 Likes

Bjr, savez vous pourquoi mes capteur aqara fenêtre et température ne sont plus associé à ma box homey? Sachant qu’ils l’étaient il y a une semaine…je n’arrive plus à les associer…Merci…

Hi and I M sorry… Well.
do you know why my aqara window and temperature sensors are no longer associated with my homey box? Knowing that they were a week ago … I can no longer associate them
Tanks à lot for advance

Have you updated to v5? Check version at settings general.

@TedTolboom
Any update to share on the progress? :slight_smile:
Not putting any pressure on you. Just nice to know what’s going on.

7 Likes

Hello I am sorry for the delay indeed I am in version 5 rc36

Sorry rc26

That is the reason. The app is currently not compatible with Homey FW 5.x. But it was announced by Athom, for those people who had activated „Experimental Updates“.

ok ok but it is possible to go back by rebooting for example

A brief update regarding progress of the app update:

All sensor, button and wall controller devices, in total 17 drivers, have been converted to work on SDK3:

The majority are tested and are working as they should… but I am also running into a few issues that are difficult to solve, will require clarification (or fixes / updates) from Athom.

Main remaining open issues for these devices:

1. customCluster specification is not bound to device space, but app space; to be clarified / fixed by Athom (all devices)
  2. Single click attribute parsing (onOff), linked to 1. (Wireless switch | Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Single | Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Double)
  3. Tilt angle calculation will need new calibration, just work (Vibration sensor)

Not the progress I wanted to have, but slowly we are getting there…

Next up are the wall switches, plugs, light and curtain controllers (12 drivers)…

55 Likes

It is possible but not with simple reboot. Search how to get back to stable version. Why are you on the RC in the first place? RC is beta channel and not meant for general users (like you and me).

I dont have aqara sdk3… How to get it? Tanks

The latest version of this app hasnt released yet so if you are running the beta version 5 firmware you cant use this app at the moment… Just downgrade your homey or wait till the app works on firmware version 5…

So nice to get updates @TedTolboom. I think most of us understand that this quite time consuming, even-though we are not developers.
I think you are making great progress, after all, this is not what you do for a living.

Keep up the good work, in the pace you are comfortable with. :wink:

7 Likes

Hi @TedTolboom, next time maybe it would be great to have to SDK automated convertor, right ? :wink: Not sure if it’s even possible, must be really challenge to re-write everything. But anyway, while not speaking about ETA, does it mean that new version will be not released until Athom will fix issue Nr.1 ? Thank you for sharing update with us.

1 Like