[APP][Pro] Archive Insights - export all your Insights data to a NAS, FTP or web folder

Cool, that did the trick. I thought I read somewhere that it wasnt fully clear what this actually does so didnt pay attention anymore. What does it actually do?

You can have the export go to different channels simultaneously. SMB (=windows networking that most NAS do) is only one of 3 options. WebDAV and FTP are the other options.

So you have to select which options you want to use during an export. If you select none, the app will go through all the moves (zipping and all), but it will not upload it anywhere.

is this app ready for Homey V5.0 ?

YES IT IS :partying_face:

1 Like

:white_check_mark:

(Iā€™ve made a list with all my installed apps whether theyā€™re ready, so this one can be checked)

1 Like

A new version 2.6.1 is pending approval by Athom in the app store.

Whatā€™s new:

• Packages update. athom-api@3.2.13. basic-ftp@4.6.2 archiver@4.0.2

Hi @Gruijter,

What is the status with:

Is there any plan to implement something like this?

Thanks,
Dirk

No, I will not implement this. It is just way too much work. You can filter the data in excel if you want.

1 Like

What a pityā€¦ :confused:

Well,I might be wrong, but I dont see an issue with the export taking up a few more minutes and some more MB. Time and data space are not that scarce, or am I missing something?

2 Likes

I only need the data from 2 or 3 devices and not from the 12 devices I have running within the app.
Furthermore I currently only use the internal memory of my Fritz-Box (ca. 300 MB). Why should I buy a 500 GB (or larger) external hard disk when it would be possible in another way.

A selection of data for only certain devices would have been a nice option. But I can handle the current solution as well. So everything is fine for meā€¦ :+1:t4:

1 Like

New version 2.7.0 coming up. All about packages update which usually fix minor bugs and improves stability:

• athom-api@3.2.14
  • webdav@3.6.1
  • basic-ftp@4.6.3
  • @marsaud/smb2@0.17.2
  • archiver@5.1.0

get the test version here:

3 Likes

Thanks @Gruijter for this amazing app!

Just a question to all in this topic, do you have examples or suggestions on how to easily visualize this data in excel or any dashboard?

1 Like

I just published a new version v2.7.1:

• Packages update. athom-api@3.2.18 webdav@3.6.2 archiver@5.2.0

It will be available as stable version once Athom gives the ok.

2 Likes

Iā€™m experiencing some problems logging in to both SMB and SFTP :frowning:

On SMB it will thrown an error directly if I enter the wrong credentials. But if I use the correct credentials and test, it will just return a message saying ā€œErrorā€ after a while. Assuming it is some kind of Timeout, but nothing is shown in the logā€¦

On SFTP I always seem to get the ā€œErrorā€, no matter if I use correct credentials or not, but at least a ā€œTimeout errorā€ shows up in the log.
I notice that the log says something about being connected (No Encryption) is this part of my problem?

I have tested 2 different SMB servers (both Macs), and 2 different SFTP servers, 1 internally on my network, and another one out in the wild open.
I have tested both IP and fqdn for all connections, and I am able to access these servers from my MacBooks.

What can I possibly be doing wrong here?

@Gruijter - Any chance you can take a look at my issue reported last week?
I really need to make this work, so I can preserve my history while reseting my Zigbee network :woozy_face:

Sorry, was busy on another project which I just finished :slight_smile: New app in development - Tank Level Meter TF-FT002

I just tested SFTP myself with a drivehq account. I have no problems. Are you sure your FTP host supports secure FTP? And are you sure you entered the correct port? I have to use port 21 for secure FTP with drivehq.

I also just tested with SMB on my NAS. And also there I have no issues.

That doesnā€™t mean there isnā€™t some problem in the app. It just means I cannot reproduce the issue so it is kind of hard for me to debug if the problem is indeed in the app. I am willing to try your settings on my Homey, but you would have to share your login credentials with me and the SMB/FTP hosts must be available on the internet. Give me a DM if you want to try this.

While testing for @Lindhardsen I figured i might as well update the packages again to the latest versions. So new app is released in the app store.

v2.8.0 Packages update. athom-api@3.3.0 webdav@4.2.1

Thanks Robin!
Now, with your update, Iā€™m able to connect using WebDAV.
It still doesnā€™t work on neither SFTP nor SMB, but for now it allows me to move forward :wink:

1 Like

I found out what the issue is for FTP. There are apparently 2 completely different ways to secure FTP.

The FTP package I use in the Homey app supports FTPS, but not SFTP. Your server is doing SFTP, but not FTPS.

It would be too much work for me right now to dig into supporting SFTP. Maybe you can set your server to support FTPS? Or use a free FTPS server like drivehq (5GB free storage).

Iā€™m still in the dark why SMB also doesnā€™t work for you.