[APP][Pro] Archive Insights - export all your Insights data to a NAS, FTP or web folder

Mmh, ok. I’m on vacation now. But if you submit an issue on github I will not forget to investigate this.

Hello Robin,

Just created and issue on github.

Enjoy your vacation.

Henk

1 Like

I just uploaded v2.4.2 to the appstore. It adds the possibility to specify a subfolder on your network share for SMB (NAS)

1 Like

Hallo,

Bedankt dat je een wijziging hebt gemaakt.

Alleen kan ik hem op dit moment nog niet in de app-store vinden. Daar staat nog versie 2.4.1

Groeten,

Henk

You can already download it now on Github, but you would need to know how to sideload an app. If you don’t, just be patient and wait a few days untill Athom approves the new version in the appstore.

V2.4.2 just got releasedd in the appstore. Go get it while it’s hot!

Hello,

Just updated to 2.4.2. but still got the same error when entering a subsir…

Henk

It works fine on my network share.

Are you following the given example exactly? The use of / is very (very!) strict.

Hello,

I use //192.168.1.187/Backup003/1

Where the ip is the NAS, Backup003 is the Volume name and 1 is the Subdir on the Volume.

Without the /1 it works (as in the 2.4.1 version.
But with the subdir i got an error message BAD NETWORK NAME…

Sorry to hear that, especially since I made this new feature for you. But Im depending on 3rd party software modules that handle the SMB traffic. At this moment there is not much I can do for you.
So you can only use the root of your SMB share, or you could switch to ftp or webdav.

(Ps: and you are really sure that you are following the example? The subdirectory should NOT contain a / at the beginning or the end)

Hello Robin,

The FTP is working fine. So i use that for now.

To which example are you referring??

In the URL i have to use a / for the subdirectory name, or must i use another character to seperate the Volumename from the subdir name??

Henk

Enter for network share:
//192.168.1.187/Backup003

Enter for subdirectory:

1 Like

Hello Robin,

I first did not see the Subdir Field. After restarting the App it was there, and now IT WORKS!!!

Thank you very much…

Henk

1 Like

Hi, I really don’t know what could be going wrong, but I cannot seem to get any of the methods working.
I just tested an SMB connection from my MacBook to my NAS which worked fine. With the same settings, my Homey will not connect.

I use //name.synology.me/Folder as the Network Share and Cloud as the subdirectory (which is literally a folder inside the share ‘Folder’

For Domain I’ve tested both DOMAIN and WORKGROUP (used on my NAS).

I have tried two different accounts with both 1000% the right permissions.

Any thoughts on what to try?

Try if the root share itself works (so leave the subdirectory field empty). As far as I have noticed the domain field doesn’t do much.

I guess the problem is I used my external adres. With the local IP it works! :slight_smile:

One possible feature I’d like to see: it would be nice if there was an option to have every export in a separate folder (or is this already possible in the subdirectory setting and did I not see?), for example in a folder 20190828 - last 24 hours

PS: Doing a full backup of last two years now successfully so seems to work perfectly :ok_hand: Really nice to have some sort of regular backup for my own data!!

Thx 4 the compliment :kissing_closed_eyes:
Saving in seperate folders is something I could take a look at. How would you want this to work, and why? And for all other forum users: please join the discussion for this feature request!

I now have a folder Homey/Insights in which all the backups will be placed.
My plan is to have a daily backup (at 00:00) for the last 24h so it will be a relatively small operation.
Each 1st of the month I will run a backup of the last month, after which the daily backups could be removed. 1-1-2020 a yearly backup, and the monthly backups can be removed.

I would like to add to the settings (either in subdirectory or a separate field) a new folder name for each run by defining for example tags like DATE - TIMEFRAME. I inserted a photo of how my organisation would look like :slight_smile:

Now each backup round will have a separate name per app, but they are all in the same folder (which will be a lot after 31 days for all my 30 apps… I like to keep things organised.

Ok, clear on the folder structure. Is this also what other users want? @everybody #yesyoutoo

Not exactly like above, but yes it would be great if I could choose a specific folder on each card…