Arduino / Homeduino met ESP8266 aansturen pinnen op Arduino

I’m always tinkering with the code so I might have modified it without actually running it :wink:

Regarding the configuration of the broker and/or client take a look at this post

At the time yes, but not anymore. Now I’m running node-red in docker from my NAS. I’m really impressed with the stability and performance of it.

On a side note I’m also using node-red to transform json payloads and pass the result to another topic. really nice actually!

1 Like

Hi, got it all working now with several devices. Next step i’m considering is to create a 433Mhz version on a board without WiFi. This saves energy a collegue (not using Homey) told me. Any experience with this? Is MQTT still supported than? Different topic maybe?

You’d need a 433Mhz receiver that would receive the data sent by your device, and that receiver needs to be connected to WiFi (or at least a network) to be able to relay messages to the MQTT broker.

If your device only periodically has to send data (for instance, a temperature/humidity sensor that takes a measurement once every few minutes), you can consider using an ESP8266 that is put into deep sleep mode in between measurements, which will save a lot of power.