As another thread I created I am creating a Homey system for sensors, temperature and in the future lights but I also need something for visual recording if someone breaks in.
I am leaning towards ARLO since I dont want to drag cables everywhere they are used but I probably will towards the 2 outside ones.
I have understood that I can use IFTTT to actually link Homey and Arlo cameras to ARMED ON/OFF and trigger Homey flows on when ARLO detects someone when armed?
My question is if the IFTTT works per camera since I am going to have this setup which needs special support:
2x cameras outside
- should work “as normal”, no alarms by themselves only record and maybe notify homey on action
2x camera inside
- Should be OFF when we are home
- Should triggered alarm (homey flow) if armed
- Should be possible to start record if Homey alarm (flow) is activated by one of Homey sensors
So my main questions are:
- Can Homey and IFTTT control arm/disarm of individual cameras or is it “ARLO all cameras or none” via IFTTT?
- Can Homey listen on triggers from Arlo via IFTTT or is it the other way around only?