Athom's Decision for Mobile First and removing of the Desktop Interface/WEB UI in Homey v2.0.0

Our servers are a little busy at the moment! Please try again later, that will give 'em some time to breathe.

3 Likes

Thanks Emile!

What a great surprise, I was using a android simulator on my desktop to change flows… I was not expecting this web client!

Very much appreciated! (still a very happy Homey user, my whole house automation is handled by Homey without any issue… but probably my Homey wil be replaced…

with the PRO version :wink: )…

1 Like

Wow looking good :slight_smile:

Is the Flow Editor only accessible through Athom servers? Or can I use it also local?

Great development. I now can migrate to 2.x. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s html and javascript. U can download it but the callback from oAuth2 might prove to be difficult :wink:

The web based flow editor is good news for all Homey customers.
It is not a huge issue to use the mobile for adding devices and apps. It was always the flows that was the problem.
When I saw this I upgraded my Homey to 2.0 and tested the web based flow editor and it does exactly what was needed. It gives that overview of your flows and a proper interface where you can type and use a mouse.

And I will say that it may even be better than the original desktop app.

As we can also see Emile posted in this thread. That removes the nonsense that Homey does not read the forum. Naturally they do. And they finally listened to their customers.

So I congratulate all Homey owners.

For me it came too late. I have changed over to Home Assistant now. It is more geeky but also much more powerful. I spent the money I would have used on a Homey Pro on an Intel NUC instead. This weekend I got my last Zigbee remote moved to from Homey to HA and Text-To-Speech working on HA so my Homey is “empty” now.

BUT. In recognition that Emile and his team finally listened and reacted, I have decided NOT to post the “smashing my Homey” video that I had promissed in another now closed forum thread.

Instead I post this positive review of the flow.homey.app feature. It works well on the few flows I tried to create. For those of you that has not upgraded to 2.0 I say it is OK to do that now.

6 Likes

I am really surprised by how quiet it’s been today in this thread.

Everybody has been left and right fisting Athom over the lack of a Desktop interface and effectively this was because of the flow editing practicalities. Here they’ve not only acknowledged the issue as a concern but fixed it already too.

It’s renewed my faith in Athom and their recent rather contentious decisions and brought me back onside for the time being.

Thanks for listening Athom.

K

3 Likes

Interestingly I do not see any announcement relating to the launch of the online flow editor. Is it still in beta?

Check the latest blog article “Announcing Homey Flow for Web

And it was announced in the last newsletter.

Very nice option. Works great.
Only missing possibility to add logic and countdown Vars. (or did I miss something?)

Ur not missing something. It’s just not in the flow editor but still on ur mobile :wink:

I think the new flow editor looks pretty swish.
Now I have to think of some new flows to create so I get to use it :grin: but I’m sure that won’t be difficult.

Thanks to Athom for their great effort and providing what the customers ask for.

1 Like

Oke clear. I thought making flows is also the posibillity to change/add vars for these flows.

I think it is definitely a step forward to having again a desktop flow maker. I was really getting frustrated with having to use my phone for it.

1 Like

Thank you Athom for such wonderful web flow editor.
I like the mobile app a lot, too. But so many times before starting to build some flows I was put off because the small screen. Now full enthusiasm ahead.

Look forward for the next nice surprise.:grinning:

1 Like

yes, bring the my.athom.com back again. it would help to also connect devices others than android and iphones…

Thank you for the web-based flow editor. It really makes working on flows so much better. If only we can now have the device tab online as well. :rofl:

I really hope the desktop comes back, the fun to look around from a computer you can´t beat that, and the insights was awesome in the desktop, now it´s in 2 places not good, the 2 version is a disappointment for me…Where are the sorting nowhere, you cant see any values for example temperatur, you have to go in to those squares. I can´t search anymore, can I save in the insights? I don´t see it