Automatically turn on holiday mode

Hi guys,

I would like to create a flow that, for example, automatically turns the holiday mode on if no movement in the living room has been detected for 24 hours.

Someone good ideas about this? Then I would like to hear that.

Thank you

And check the Heimdall app!

I tried with countdown. I read about the running timers. That’s the reason I’am searching for an other option! Thank you.

How do you suggest to make “after 24 hour”? Geofence is an option, but also a little buggy here! :roll_eyes:

Thx. I think I will manually turn on the holiday mode :wink: 2 times a year :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You’d could schedule it?

Yes I can, not my first or second choice , :roll_eyes:

How about making a “presence out” flow logging the time to a variable, then set a scheudle every morning to check if the lapse time is more than 24hrs?
When someone left home and nobody is home, execute mathjs expression

$timenow$ to a better logic variable.

At say 12pm, executemath js expression $timenow$ > ($yourvariable$ + (24*60*60))

You could also set a geofence with ifttt and trigger a flow when u are out of the geofence area

Plz don’t get me wrong but u wanna push a button like every day to override a flow but when u go on holidays twice a year u want that automated?

1 Like

You are right :laughing:! You have a better solution for my problem with override a flow :thinking:

Is holiday mode built in?

I don’t think so. I use Virtual Devices to build Holiday etc…

https://apps.athom.com/app/com.arjankranenburg.virtual

flow 1: IF last person left the house THEN set status at AWAY= true AND HOME=false AND HOLIDAY=false AND start countdown at 24H

flow2: IF coundown reache 0 THEN set status at HOLIDAY= true and AWAY=false AND HOME=false
flow 3: IF first person enters the house THEN set status at HOME=true AND AWAY=false AND HOLIDAY=false AND stop countdown.

Make status with the APP BETTERLOGIC and everything goes automatic.

Just wondering, why do you need both AWAY and HOME variables? They would always be the opposite of each other, wouldn’t they?

1 Like

See the post above yours:

Away is used for ‘regular away’ and can therefor trigger certain actions. When Holiday becomes true, you want to set Away to false as well to distinguish being away for a longer period of time than regularly would be the case. This way you use Home or Away for day to day triggering and Holiday for Holiday triggering.

Of course you could also add an extra condition on the regular Away flows ‘AND Holiday = FALSE’. This way a separate Away boolean isn’t needed.

Oh, sorry. Didn’t read thoroughly enough. I guess I would try to choose another variable name/solution then. Since it feels confusing to me to have a variable stating that I am not away when I am on a holiday. Need to remember that away doesn’t mean away when on a holiday.

But it is probably only one person managing the variables, so it might not be a problem. I guess a virtual button is even better as mentioned.