Bathroom fans - no support?

Strange there is no apps for bathroom fans, at least I cant find it. Pax Calima has one running bluetooth, and it has the necessary data on github. Would be nice to control humidity on bathroom. I know the Pax i selfcontrolling, but sometimes humidity is way above 70% without going off.

Anyone with any ideas? App request has been sent…

2 Likes

If you can manually turn on and off the fan and you already have humidity sensor connected to Homey you don’t need an app that only handles 1 brand of fans but can just switch on/off any other fan including dumb fans.

Don’t agree, the point with automation is automation. #mapulu is on it and greatful for that!

My dumb bathroomfan is switched on when humidity is higher than 70% and outside humidity is lower than humidity in my bathroom.
I have a simple smartplug that is switched on in this case.

Does really sound like automation to me and doesn’t require an app for every other electrical fan.

Sure, I get your question; you have a fancy BT fan that can connect to your phone and you also want it to directly connect to Homey without having to use a smartplug but there’s more than one way to skin a cat.

Pax Calima is not dumb, so why not use those possibilities? And having plugs in the bathroom is not an option for me.

As I said I get you… and my plugs are not in the bathroom of course… they are above the ceiling.
But instead of waiting for an app, you might be able to do what you want using another “solution” in the meantime.

I have strong beliefs in mapulu:)

Pax have more capabilities than just on/off. Different speeds, humidity sensors etc.

1 Like

The problem for this BLE device is that it needs pairing by PIN. That seems not possible with Homey now.

Also interested in this one :slight_smile:

+1 Also interested

1 Like

1+

+1
(I have a BlueTooth Vent-Axia)

Following

now it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it there . What is the app

+1

I have found the home assistant code to control de Svensa from Vent Axia

We now just need a app dev with bluetooth app knowlegde

ha-pax_ble/custom_components/pax_ble/calima.py at main · eriknn/ha-pax_ble · GitHub

I have an alexa echo in my Bathroom - when it detects the sound of running water for 30 seconds it turns on my bathroom fan. When it can no longer hear running water for 60 seconds (time to clear humidity) it turns off my bathroom fan.

Works really well if anyone is interested , perhaps one of my favorite flows.

Another option if you don’t mind some wiring, I use the Meross inline switch on Bathroom, Toilet and Kitchen extact fans which then allows your control from Homey, the rest is just as far as you want to go. I have mine so Bathroom detects movement via Philips Hue and using a flow and timer works out if you just popped in to wash hands (no need for fan) or your having a shower/sit down ‘experience’ etc. that then triggers fan, turns up towel radiator if below 22 deg, turns Philips Hue light to bright white if lux is low etc. and then sets a time to turn off after a period of time etc. (and doesn’t come on after midnight so doesnt’t wake anyone up). You could easilly add in humidty to this too. Mine also all come on if smoke or fire trigger to extract from as many areas as possible. Works well so just an option to coinsider but you would need to add the switch to Wi-Fi and between power and fan (but it is very small and easy to do).
Darrell