[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

Just tryed again: bingo!

Looks like 2.0 still is not working. Left the house but not set away

Bummer i was hoping the BLE stays the same. The results of the discovery of BLE devices don’t look realtime to me. I have to make some tests for that.

No Problem!

Finally got the update sometime last night. I don’t think it’s working though. My tag which was marked as seen is still that way even though I left home an hour ago. My wife’s tag is still not found even though it has been next to homey all night. However my daughter’s tag did change from not found to found at some point.

As a separate feature request, can you look into changing the tile to show the state without having to long press on it?
I notice some tiles dim when the device is off and others have a little icon that changes. I realise you have the pressing matter of making it work but it would make it much easier to see if the state is changing.
Thanks for your efforts to help us.

The discovery of the BLE devices aren’t realtime. Looks like the devices are cached somehow.
I’ve made an issue in GT. https://github.com/athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues/issues/6

2 Likes

Is this also a issue with the 1.5.13 Homey version. Because a week ago they where working great and now i don’t see the right status.

Thanks!

I tried Beacon v1.0.17 together with de Nut Find 3 tag. Managed to add it to Homey. But it changes status, between Detected and Not Detected, every few minutes while the tag is laying next to Homey. I played around with the settings but so far no success. Any idea how to solve this?

Homey firmware 1.5.13.

Which settings do you use?

1 Like

Can you try a discovery timeout of 10 seconds. And send a report to the developer if it does not work. :smiley:

Any news about the issue?

The issue is still there.

1 Like

Thnx

Anyone tested the app with RC.7?

Yes, did’t work. Still an issue.

F*ck!

Made a request at support to for it too.

1 Like

Athom: We will forward it to our development team so they can take a look at this issue and try to fix it as soon as possible

i have bought the sport/style combo from Tile yesterday but i got the feeling that as soon as the tile connects with the app on my phone the bluetooth turns invisible(from the tag) and homey(still on 1.5) can not see it anymore with the beacon app does anyone else have this problem to? and do the tile Pro beacons also have this problem?