[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

No, RC2 - can‘t see a RC3 in my updates or online in the developertools.

I’ve also rc-2.
My 2 tiles are reconised now but i can’t use a tag, is this normal?
(I use the cheap chinese ones)

Oops, you are right!!!

It’s rc2, sorry for the confusion.

Hello Koktail, can you help.
My Gigaset Keeper change not her Stats. They are allways: Detected.
Have you an Idea?
Homey is 2.05rc2.
Bacon App deinstall, install and Update to Beta does not working.
With homey 1.5 it was perfekt working.

Top everything works, thanks,

Update: Beacon says the tile is connected but there is no change to see if you are 100 meters removed. What happened who can help me

I do not know why, but it works now.
Unfortunately, the Fitbit and the smartwatch are no longer displayed.
:disappointed_relieved:

Somehow. Mine stopped working as well.
Can’t get the nRF51822 detected anymore :s

You can pull the battery or put it in a faraday cage

They should be public discoverable.

The discovery time when pairing seems very short. As my fobs only transmit about once per minute, I have to repeat the pairing process many times to catch the signal. I think my alarm broadcasts a signal and the fobs respond after a random delay.
I have played with the Discovery timeout to see if that helps but it doesn’t seem to affect the pairing.

Any chance it could wait longer with an abort button?

I have 2 tiles named to different persons in my house.
If i make a flow i can’t use a tag with a name. I can only choose “if a beacon is detected” and not which one. Am i doing something wrong?

@Koktail

Is it possible that the beacons are again visible under insights?
Thank you in advance.

Then you use probably the app trigger. Make sure you pick the device trigger with the name of the person

1 Like

Thnx peter, found it!
Now see if it’s going to work tomorow.

1 Like

I’m sure it will😀

1 Like

The problem is in the signal frequenty of you BLE device. It has to be less then 500 ms for a good working presence detection.

Sometimes the transmit frequency can be adjusted.

It is a boolean value (in range/out range) and they are not exposed by Athom in the insights.

thanks for the quick response, then we have to deposit the topic at athom

Unfortunately I have no control over the fobs as they are part of my alarm system.
Once they are paired it works well. It’s just the discovery time time during pairing that’s a problem for me. The pairing discovery times out and says no devices found after about 2 seconds which is very quick.
My alarm seems to broadcast when a door sensor is activated so the fobs respond to disabled the alarm. But the pairing timeout is to quick for me to get the timing right, so I can’t start pairing and open a door quick enough.

I’ll look into that