Homey Community Forum

Beacon - An app for presence detection using BLE beacons

app
tools

If you scroll down in the list of devices you should see the tiles specificly.
At least that is how i have done the flow

1 Like

is this what you mean: d1821534-9382-41bb-931d-0059753157a5

0 Likes

Working perfect wirh the tile mate exept i need some more distance.

So someone has experience with the tile pro or other brand? Need +/- 15 meter

0 Likes

Yes, but i cannot see any strange issues or something

0 Likes

I look at it for a while

0 Likes

Im not on 2.0 but my tiles (pro) work but “freeze” after a while. I’m afraid that it won’t be resolved in 2.0. Not sure when I’m going to upgrade. Your issue sounds a little bit like mine.

My workaround is to have a flow to reboot the Homey every night.

0 Likes

Hello Roy.
I have a tile pro with replacable battery, most of the times its recognizing me when im at the door, at around 6 meters from homey, but sometimes also when im parking the car at around 20 meters. So not concequent the same distance

0 Likes

I can not get my beacons to work :disappointed_relieved::frowning:. First, I tried to add my chipollo classic with the app, but both are not recognized. of course I have removed the chipollo app from the cell phones so that they can be found as well. Unfortunately without success. However, the chipollo can be found with a beacon scanner … apparently the chipollo are simply not supported.

then I tried it with beacons from gimbal (fyx.com). the beacons are recognized correctly by the app and can be added. However, these are only recognized for 2-3 minutes and then no longer until I remove the battery and insert again.

With other apps, these are recognized permanently. the gimbals are set to 100ms.

Use the latest homey Firmware an beacon App (beta) version

I do not know what else to do … does anyone have an idea?

0 Likes

Hi @Gerrit_Ekelmans thks for your answer. Thats a huge difference 6 or 20 m. with my tile mate ive got Always arround 8m. Going to test a bit more, and considering a tile pro, 20 m sounds prommising

Meanwhile if there others with suggestion to get more distance, glad to hear that.

0 Likes

Hi @RoyWissenburg dont forget that maybe 2 from the 10 times is detecting me earlier, the other 8 times its just the 6 meter. I have no idea why its sometimes different

0 Likes

I know. Thks again

0 Likes

My tile pro seems to be working (it changes state when i check in the device tab) but it do not trigger my flows. The Beacon is inside/outside range -> set presance to away/home. Anyone with the same issue ?

0 Likes

Little reminder: To have it work you will need homey firmware 2.0.5 experimental

0 Likes

not perfect here today. since today my beacon is not recognized. the other 3 are. restart app and Homey does not help. use Tile Pro and version 2.05

0 Likes

Maybe the tile is broken?

0 Likes

hope not. would be fast. try it tomorrow. unfortunately not possible to check signal or connection in homey

0 Likes

Just try connect it to the tile app on your Phone, if its there also not working….then maybe its indeed dead

0 Likes

Tile-app must be removed, otherwise the beacon app will not work😬

0 Likes

how bizarre. battery was just empty Problem fixed
battery was a week old. must have been a bad one

2 Likes

Ok, so my flow triggers when i come home /status set to home when beacon is inside range. But it do not trigger my flow when i leave / status set to away when beacon is outside range. The prescence is detected correct if i check my tile in the device tab. Anyone with the same problem ? (I am on Homey v2.0.5.)

0 Likes