[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

If you scroll down in the list of devices you should see the tiles specificly.
At least that is how i have done the flow

1 Like

is this what you mean: d1821534-9382-41bb-931d-0059753157a5

Yes, but i cannot see any strange issues or something

I look at it for a while

Im not on 2.0 but my tiles (pro) work but “freeze” after a while. I’m afraid that it won’t be resolved in 2.0. Not sure when I’m going to upgrade. Your issue sounds a little bit like mine.

My workaround is to have a flow to reboot the Homey every night.

Hello Roy.
I have a tile pro with replacable battery, most of the times its recognizing me when im at the door, at around 6 meters from homey, but sometimes also when im parking the car at around 20 meters. So not concequent the same distance

I can not get my beacons to work :disappointed_relieved::frowning:. First, I tried to add my chipollo classic with the app, but both are not recognized. of course I have removed the chipollo app from the cell phones so that they can be found as well. Unfortunately without success. However, the chipollo can be found with a beacon scanner … apparently the chipollo are simply not supported.

then I tried it with beacons from gimbal (fyx.com). the beacons are recognized correctly by the app and can be added. However, these are only recognized for 2-3 minutes and then no longer until I remove the battery and insert again.

With other apps, these are recognized permanently. the gimbals are set to 100ms.

Use the latest homey Firmware an beacon App (beta) version

I do not know what else to do … does anyone have an idea?

Hi @RoyWissenburg dont forget that maybe 2 from the 10 times is detecting me earlier, the other 8 times its just the 6 meter. I have no idea why its sometimes different

My tile pro seems to be working (it changes state when i check in the device tab) but it do not trigger my flows. The Beacon is inside/outside range -> set presance to away/home. Anyone with the same issue ?

Little reminder: To have it work you will need homey firmware 2.0.5 experimental

not perfect here today. since today my beacon is not recognized. the other 3 are. restart app and Homey does not help. use Tile Pro and version 2.05

Maybe the tile is broken?

hope not. would be fast. try it tomorrow. unfortunately not possible to check signal or connection in homey

Tile-app must be removed, otherwise the beacon app will not work😬

how bizarre. battery was just empty Problem fixed
battery was a week old. must have been a bad one

2 Likes

Ok, so my flow triggers when i come home /status set to home when beacon is inside range. But it do not trigger my flow when i leave / status set to away when beacon is outside range. The prescence is detected correct if i check my tile in the device tab. Anyone with the same problem ? (I am on Homey v2.0.5.)

What trigger did you use?

@koktail: do you have any idea?

Looks like the beacon its broadcast is disables after some time.

My flow is like this: When: The beacon is outside range -> Then: Change presence to away + card send push notification to my iphone. So like 2 minute after i leave my home i get a push notifiction ( = flow runs!). But then i open homey app and my presence has not be set to away. I close the app and check some minutes later and then my prescence has changed. Same delay happens when i come home.