Homey Community Forum

Beacon - An app for presence detection using BLE beacons

app
tools

What trigger did you use?

0 Likes

@koktail: do you have any idea?

0 Likes

Looks like the beacon its broadcast is disables after some time.

0 Likes

My flow is like this: When: The beacon is outside range -> Then: Change presence to away + card send push notification to my iphone. So like 2 minute after i leave my home i get a push notifiction ( = flow runs!). But then i open homey app and my presence has not be set to away. I close the app and check some minutes later and then my prescence has changed. Same delay happens when i come home.

0 Likes

That is not required. You can disable Bluetooth in the app.

0 Likes

That’s the easy way😜

0 Likes

Just place the tile that you using with homey on hide in the original tile app on your phone

1 Like

A user in the Swedish Homey group suggested that a Beacon simulator app might work (but it doesn’t). Any idea why https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.alea.beaconsimulator isn’t working?

0 Likes

Is the beacon that is generated publicly discoverable? Then it might be.

0 Likes

My beacons aren’t working anymore since last update. Reinstalled the beacon app and removed the batteries.

0 Likes

Yes it is a know issue:

0 Likes

Ok, thnx

Correction,
(But it was working correctly before the update last week)

0 Likes

Over here also, 1 tile stopt working 2 days ago (says not detect). Today came home and its working again. Another tile no problems.

0 Likes

It looks like its working properly again overhere after one evening with some strange behavior on one of the two tiles two days ago.

0 Likes

@Koktail heerlijke app :+1: alleen vind een klein niet belangrijk schoonheids foutje in de tekst. Maar denk meld het je toch even.

And specially for @Rocodamelshe :rofl:

Love the app, just a smal fault in the DUTCH tekst. Not realy importent at all. But just for letting you know @Koktail

1 Like

And now in English?

1 Like

I’ll fix that! :joy:

2 Likes

Is it working again? My beacon’s still aren’t recognised.

0 Likes

1 Like

Just letting you know, very strange but suddenly both my beacons are working correctly.

1 Like