[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

I got the tile mate not working while it always worked well under 1.5. Reinstalling the app and re-registering the tiles did not help. within 24 hours each of them lingered. After many times, Homey gave a new clean setup. it seems that it is working 100% again. already 3 days without a problem.

The issue https://github.com/athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues/issues/77 should be resolved in Homey v2.1.2-rc.4.

3 Likes

That would be Awesome, I’m still on. 1.5 but this is finally a reason to update.

I knew it that it was a homey bug when I reported it months ago.

Which will be released soon? Or did you mean rc3?

rc4 will be released bij Athom thought experimental channel very soon.

Rc7 is released. Problem solved?

Not for me :frowning:

Is this allready working for somebody? My homey doesn’t detect the beacons anymore. Anybody sugestions?

Works here top.

PS
On a side note.
Can’t seem to find the App update info. What was changed

Best presence app ever!

Thanks a lot @Koktail for another great app! It works like a charm with my tiles pro.

Quick question everyone, what default settings have you found best to work for you??
Here is mine, below. It defects the beacon presence fast, but it takes some minutes to have it reported gone once out of rage.

2 Likes

I use the same settings as you!

1 Like

Hi @Koktail,

Unfortunately, your app is behaving strange.
I am using Homey model (Early 2016) with V2.1.2, IOS app version 2.3.1.306. As soon as I enable your app, I experience slow working Homey and eventually some aps like the HUE app does not function anymore. I was able to register a new Tile Pro but due to performance issues I can’t use it now.

Is there any information you need to address this issue?

Looks like you have memory issues. What are the settings of the beacon app? You could try to increase the delaytime because that can causes some issues.

nl.philips.hue https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.philips.hue

I used the default settings.
I changed it now to 20/10/1/5. Lets see how that works.

Hello @DrakCinema, I have the same experience with the beacon app. After installing the app en adding a tile pro, Homey is very unresponsive and the Homey app is constantly loosing connection with Homey. After removing beacon everything works normal. But after reinstalling beacon the problems came back. Especially Philips hue struggles when this app is installed (btw i’am using the first homey (2016) edition)

I’ve had the same experience and a known issue with other apps that has a short interval. (Polling the hue bridge, or polling beacons). The main problem looks low on memory issues.

Can you send a screenshot with you insights of Homey memory and CPU?

It Seems more stable now. Hue app keeps working but I experience some delay. Example. If I ask Alexa to turn off the lights it takes longer for homey to response.

Homey was using 170mb now it is less with version 2.2.0 rc3.

I am experiencing the same issue. If I go to my devices tab, many are not responsive. Specially the HUE’s.

I did not had yet had time to investigate.

I don’t use the devices tab often. But it’s slow as hell