[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

Are these battery included?

No, but inexpensive CR2032 are needed

I think its because I have the new Tile Pro 2020. These are not picket up by Beacon app. Dont know why but something that need to be investigated.
Hope someone can help out. Who is writting the code for Beacon app?

Read this post from the beginning and you shall find out the author of Beacon app.

When the Tile pro is in pairing mode then the device is discoverable in the Homey app. When the device is connected to the app the device is only discoverable based on its uuid.

If you put the Tile pro in pairing mode (and its not connected to another device already) it should be discoverable by Homey. Otherwise there is something wrong with your BLE module in Homey (hardware/software).

Exactly the same for me

The same for me. I also have 2 tile pro 2020 and are working fine on the phone app. But not visible in the beacon app. I tried rebooting the homey and hide the tiles in the tile app. And removing the tile app and turning off the Bluetooth on my phone. Nothing seems to help.

Koktail, I dont believe its something wrong with my BLE module in Homey. If that was the case its really unlikely that same issue is seen by so many other that owns these Tile Pro 2020. We cant all have same hardware issue.
My BLE modulein Homey is actually detecting other units, like my LG TV, all my Sonos speakers so why is Tile Pro 2020 a problem?

If Homey detects other BLE devices it is not the BLE module. My experience with the 2019 model is that the BLE module will become unstable when mem is high.

About your problem with the tile pro. If the device is not publicly discoverable for some time the app cannot get its ā€˜adressā€™. That make the tile pro 2020 uncompatibel with the beacon app.

Iā€™ve have looked into your issue if i had a 2020 model and was not bussy with rebuiling my house.

The beacon can be attached by pairing it to Homey. Implementing this feature is very timeconsuming. Something that i donā€™t have at the moment. But Iā€™ll merge any good addition or new feature to the app.

1 Like

Anyone with a tile 2020 which is working in the app in homey? I tried a new one that hasnā€™t been connected to the mobile app as well as one that is connected to my android and then put into hide. Nothing works

I can now confirm that Tile Pro 2020 is not working with this Beacon app. I bought yesterday 2 new Tile Pro 2018 versions and they are discovered without any problem.

I have both Tile Pro 2020 and Tile Pro 2018 in Hide mode in their Tile app.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

Hi !
could you please confirm that the app does not work with Homey Pro (Early 2019) version 3.1.0 ?
thxā€¦

Works here like it should: Homey Pro (Early 2019) version 3.1.0

Can you send a log to the developer?

Yes, they work fine: https://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/review-tile-pro

1 Like

Nice review :ok_hand:

2 Likes

The tile 2020 isnā€™t working with honey right now, I bought several ones.
Is it going to work in the near future?

Does anybody knows if the Tile 2020 is supported soon? Iā€™ve bought several ones, when not supported i will ship them back.

Because the Tile 2020 is not publicly discoverable it will not be supported in the beacon app soon.