[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

Yes i have seen tht 2020 does not work for the mate and the pro version. However i have not seen anywhere mentioned the Tile EC pro and the Tile EC mate. i think its the same but i need to be sure. Don’t want to waste more money in things that do not work

I’ve just released v1.2.10 into the store. With this release it is possible to make the automatic detection optional and add a flow card for updating beacon presence manually.

Happy testing and please share your findings!

1 Like

You are a legend. Before the automatic detection was bringing my 2016 Homey to its knees. Hence, sadly I had to give up using this app although for me it was the only reliable presence detection.

Tested now with automatic off and it works perfect. When a flow is started, it looks after beacons and finds my 2018 Tiles straight on.

Now what’s left I need to work out the perfect trigger.
Thank you @Koktail :beers: I shall keep testing and report if any issues.

1 Like

Interesting. I think a good trigger for me might be when someone opens the front door.

But how does it work with detecting when someone leaves? Is there also a trigger needed when auto detection is off?

When trigger then Homey looks for included beacons. If in range then status is set Yes and viceversa.

For example your trigger is front gate is open then Homey checks for beacons and finds yours but doesn’t found your wife’s beacon because she left the house. Yours will be Yes and wife’s will be set to No.

Yes, but when I leave, the trigger front door will still find my beacon. It only will see me as away when I actually left far enough from my house.
So I need to have 2 triggers:
-When door is opened and I’m not home, check for beacons right away.
-When door is opened and I’m home, check after 5 minutes if I’m still home

Just brainstorming, because at the moment auto detection also works fine.

Yup, that’s why I said above I need to find the perfect trigger. :grinning:

Thanks! Happy to help. Please share some flows if you have a nice one!

The joy i had with my old Tile sports! the day came that my battery’s died
so i ordered 2 new ones…

Unfortunately i came to the same conclusion as a lot of other people here
That the new tile’s don’t work as they used to

on trial i ordered these ones from aliexpress been testing them for 2 days now and have to say i am really happy with the result. Maybe also because i have been without a beacon for probably 3 months now.

anyway range is about 8 m (through 1 pane off glass and rest free sight)
if anyone is looking for a replacement i would recommend this one.
cheap and effective! and also the battery is replaceable

3 Likes

I have an idea for you.

First,

When the front (or back) door is triggerd AND you are at home, start a timer of 60 seconds. After the 60 seconds check if the tile is in range, if not, you are away.

Second,
When the front (or back) door triggers AND you are away, check if your tile is in range, if so, you are back at home.

1 Like

Are these still working for you? Bought the same but after a while it will not be discovered anymore and i have to push the button on the tile. Do i miss something?

Yeah! Got it working for a month now without any problems. Still waiting for the second one to arrive from china

Before i added it to homey i did connect it to the app. maybe that’s the difference?

1 Like

Ok. Installed the app. Hope that will do the trick! Although its just for the dog😜, it would be nice if it works. Use for myself and wife the tile pro. Thanks for the tip so far!

Sorry wasn’t really clear installed the app connected the tag and then deleted the app

And do i understand you are comparing me with a dog :thinking::see_no_evil:

Whaha. No. Not at all😄

Still loses connection after a day😞

With homey? Or out of range?

With Homey, but also with his own app. After i push the button for a few seconds it connects again. Look like its getting in a sleep mode after a certain time

Worked well for more than a week. The it started. Ordered 3 pieces. Will try nr 2 now

Hello. Running the lates non beta version of homey pro.
And 1.2.10 of becons.
Can not install my tile mate 2018. It just times out. Have read this thread and others like it. Tried to hide and uninstalled tile app but still just timed out.

And i have not seen any update in the logs at the begining of this thread with whats new in version 1.2.10?

Cheers. Emil