[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

I’m having trouble getting the app to work - after installing I discovered a couple of beacons and it all seemed to be working fine. Then it stopped discovering. Restarting the app and restarting homey hasn’t made any difference. It still hasn’t updated for 10 days.
Any ideas why and what I can do? All app setting are on the defaults.

I had 1 rad beacon and working fine for presence but now adding one more and now it fails detecting both sometimes and mix between both. Any idea?

Hi All

Yesterday bought this devices (itag) ; https://www.bol.com/nl/p/4-stuks-combi-pack-itag-keyfinder-gps-tracker-huisdieren-bagage/9200000078987222/

App “ctracing” is working perfectly, but Homey cannot find those device. Also without adding the device to the app , homey cant find them.

Are they not supported ?

Please help before i order something more expensive.

Regards,
Sander

Homey V4.2.0
App 6.1.0.633
Beacon : V1.2.10

Its a gps tracker, no beacon, so it won’t work

The device itself doesn’t have GPS on board, that’s all done by the smartphone it’s paired with (through Bluetooth).

Thanks for the quick reply!

Witch device do you recommend? As the Tile 2018 cant be bought anymore.

This one? https://www.coolblue.nl/product/860132/chipolo-one-zwart.html

These work like a charm

Thanks Peter! If their are no quiker solutions (Bol/Coolblue) then i will buy this one.

1 Like

Peter,

They are arrived and added to Homey.
Only this night they are Gone away and back home for a couple of times.

Any idea or settings that need to be modified in the Beacon app?

Flow: https://homey.app/f/1c_DWk

The BLE layer in Homey core has an cache meganism for some time. This means that if the beacon has a false reading (what is usually does once in a while). That is cached for 5 minutes. So the verification steps get the cached version again.

I’ve fix it by only scanning for new beacons when the front door or backdoor is open. (For detecting outside).

You can try to update the refesh timeout to more then 5 minutes and lower the verification from 5 to 2.

I use the same settings, but this never occurred in my situation. You could try @Koktail settings above?

Because I also had some problems with the detection of the beacon, I disabled it for the moment. But I would like to use it as a backup for presence detection. So I changed the settings like your suggestion.
Could you also explain or post your flows? That would be fine.

Hello,

I’m running V5 RC34, since then my Tile 2018 won’t be detected any more.
So I thought to remove 1 of my 2 Tiles, but it won’t even discover any bluetooth device any more.

Is any one experience the same problem?

I’m using this app, also with a Tile. A tile pro I believe (?). But everything is still working, also on the V5 beta firmware. RC38 at the moment, but also no issues at RC34

Good to know that it’s still working for you. I’ve created a support case.
Hopefully the can find something.

Good luck!

The app isn’t compatible yet.

One my tiles PRO (old model) stopped working 21 days ago. After it working for quite a few years.

But the tile is perfectly working via the Tile app. It can’t be found via Homey. My other three tiles are properly working. I have not updated my Homey to v5.

Any suggestions?

Or any idea’s where I can buy the old ones.

What’s the range, the opening thread says the Tiles do 8meter. What’s your experience?

They range is much the same as the Tile pro in my experience. I use them both.